Lost files drama after iCloud backup, how can I retrieve them?

Lentochka

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Lost files drama after iCloud backup

Hello!
I've recently backed up iBooks files on my iPad Air to iCloud. The sad thing is that now I can only see about 1/3 of all files in iBooks on iPad and NO single file in iCloud! Even though it says that the iCloud storage is almost full and it actually shows the amount of space taken by the books... The only place where I can see the list of ALL my books is under Settings/ iCloud/ Storage/ Manage Storage - but I can't open files from there, only delete them...

Does anyone have an idea or experience with similar issues? All this is extremely upsetting...

Thanks!
Lena

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lost files drama after iCloud backup

You don't see the files in iBooks? Are they books? Did you delete any from iBooks? When you do a back up of your device, it should include iBooks. What, exactly, did you do?

Lentochka

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lost files drama after iCloud backup

Ledsteplin, thank you for answering!

Yes, these are book files previously downloaded to iBooks. I don't see all of them in iBooks any more, only about a third part from the library is there. I actually simply clicked "yes" when my iPad suggested me to back up my books on iCloud so that they "become accessible on all my devices". It took it a while to upload the files and when I went to iBooks after a while I discovered that a fair amount of them had disappeared...
I hoped to find the rest of them on iCloud drive, but it shows no files whatsoever, tried both from iPad and MacBook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2