need help setting up ipone 4s am not getting all texts
    03-28-2016 03:38 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

No, you don't need iCloud in order for your text message to work. If you are on an internet plan with unlimited texting, I would recommend turning off, iMessage.

Goto: Settings, then scroll down to "Messages" Turn off iMessage. See if that helps.

Hope this helps.
    03-28-2016 07:31 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

If disabling and re-enabling iMessage in Settings does not work then you'll need to contact your cell phone carrier. There's no need to disable it unless you have no friends/family with an iMessage capable device.

If you have an Apple ID with a password, then you already have an iCloud account. Just sign in using those same credentials. If you want to be able to make backups of your phone, contacts, apps, etc. for emergencies then you should sign in to iCloud on your iPhone. Should someone steal your phone, you'll need to sign in to iCloud from a PC to locate and/or wipe the phone.

Signing in to iCloud is highly recommended in order to take advantage of those free and invaluable features.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    03-28-2016 07:52 PM