iPhone 6 Plus Storage and iCloud knowledge required, anyone?

chrisflint

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 6 Plus Storage and iCloud knowledge required

I have an iMac a macbook air an iPhone 6 plus 16 gig and an iPhone 6, 16gig.
I have all of them connected to the iCloud.
I am running out of space on the phones and constantly due to photos/videos having to delete images that i may want to keep for reference in my job.
So the questions are:
1. If i delete an image on one device will it delete it on all the devices and the iCloud. This i do not want to do so presently I try (emphasis on try) to get Adobe bridge to load them (this seems to be a problem sometimes as Adobe says it cannot import some of the images but does not give a reason for the problem).
2. Same question for music and podcasts.
3. How can I force the phones to send all the images as shot strait to the iCloud and only retain a small thumbnail on the phone so i can download it if i need to reference it.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
thank you
chris

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 Plus Storage and iCloud knowledge required

Welcome ti iMore

It would seem that Dropbox or other similar apps would be better suited for your needs. I've been using Dropbox (free) for years to keep copies of my files so that I can delete them from my devices. Dropbox works on ios, osx, windows and I think linux/unix as well. Install the software on your devices and log in to dropbox with your login/pass. You can sync all of the devices for your one account.

Essentially, I have backups of my files on my Windows PC, my iPhone, iPod, Android tablets, and both apple and windows laptops. You can also create and share folders with others who use Dropbox. They also have a business account should you be interested in that.

Dropbox will auto save images from your camera roll to a folder called Camera Uploads. Once there, you can delete them from your phone (or other device).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal