Hello iMore-ers,

I apologize if this subject has been covered; however, I will explain my needs and I hope one of you will send me in the correct direction.

My wife and I share a Mac which has one iCloud account [1] while our iPhones have their own iCloud accounts [2 & 3]. These accounts are not communicating with each other very well. I believe that if I remove the Mac iCloud account and replace it with my iCloud account, that we then can have our personal accounts communicate with each other much better.

My reasoning is that Contacts does not sync properly and confuses me and my father all the time. He is Jr and I am III, sharing the same first, middle, and last names. Additionally, my contacts and calendar events don't always agree with those that my wife can see. [Maybe this is a separate issue?]

Therefore, if I choose to go down this path of removing the iCloud account on the Mac, what steps must I take to preserve the photos and music stored in the Mac's iCloud account? Once these files are preserved, may I add them to my iCloud account which will subsequently become the Mac's iCloud account? Ultimately, I want to share Contacts, Calendar events, Music, and Photos with my wife.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to communicating with you.
    01-31-2016 03:10 PM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

Hello iMore-ers,

I apologize if this subject has been covered; however, I will explain my needs and I hope one of you will send me in the correct direction.

My wife and I share a Mac which has one iCloud account [1] while our iPhones have their own iCloud accounts [2 & 3]. These accounts are not communicating with each other very well. I believe that if I remove the Mac iCloud account and replace it with my iCloud account, that we then can have our personal accounts communicate with each other much better.

My reasoning is that Contacts does not sync properly and confuses me and my father all the time. He is Jr and I am III, sharing the same first, middle, and last names. Additionally, my contacts and calendar events don't always agree with those that my wife can see. [Maybe this is a separate issue?]

Therefore, if I choose to go down this path of removing the iCloud account on the Mac, what steps must I take to preserve the photos and music stored in the Mac's iCloud account?
    Download the pics to your computer.
    Once these files are preserved, may I add them to my iCloud account which will subsequently become the Mac's iCloud account?
    Yes.
    Ultimately, I want to share Contacts, Calendar events, Music, and Photos with my wife.

I understand, and you're very welcome.
    Hello iMore-ers,

Therefore, if I choose to go down this path of removing the iCloud account on the Mac, what steps must I take to preserve the photos and music stored in the Mac's iCloud account?
    Download the pics to your computer.
    Once these files are preserved, may I add them to my iCloud account which will subsequently become the Mac's iCloud account?
    Yes.
    Ultimately, I want to share Contacts, Calendar events, Music, and Photos with my wife.

I understand, and you're very welcome.
    01-31-2016 07:37 PM