Can my friend peek into my iPhone or iCloud account

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
My elder brother gifted me his iPhone but when I tried to activate or create Apple ID it says not eligible for new accounts as he has already created 3 iCloud.com accounts. My friend told me that he can creat an account for me and made a account like icloud.com and password is only known to me. Please help me and let me know would be able to access my iPhone or my iCloud account if wants to by any mean? Secondly when I open new tabs in browser it has my friends name in left bottom with cloud logo, is there anything sharing with him and how can I remove his name?

Thank you guys

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If there has already been 3 iCloud accounts, that's the limit per device. I'm not sure, but you might set up a new account using Gmail or some other email. But not iCloud. You will definitely need his iCloud log in to log out of his account.
An it may be that it's 3 accounts total limit regardless of the email used. If so, you're out of luck.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies and please try to understand my question. Say you have made an icloud account for me like ***@icloud.com from your apple device and later on I change the password. Would you be able to access my ***@icloud.com account, will you receive any notification on a seperate email or device that i have changed password.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies and please try to understand my question. Say you have made an icloud account for me like ***@icloud.com from your apple device and later on I change the password. Would you be able to access my ***@icloud.com account, will you receive any notification on a seperate email or device that i have changed password.

So this person created a 2nd ID on their device so you could have it? I would never do that. Why was the ID not set up on your device? Basically, the other person now has 2 ID's. And you're logged in to one of them. He can log in to your email if he has the email account password. That's not necessarily the same as the Apple ID password. You can change your iCloud email account password any time. If it's yours. Do you have that iCloud email set up in the Mail app? More importantly, do you have the current password for the Apple ID? Or iCloud ID log in? You could reset the password, but so can he. That alone does no good. You need to log out of that account, then set up your own account with a new email and password. If the current ID is the only one ever made on that device, then another would give you 2. The limit per device is 3.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes he has created 2nd ID for me on his device. ID couldn't be created on my device as my device limit for free account has reached. Yes I am using his second ID and I have the password now. How can he got my password if I have already changed it? What do u mean thats not necessarily the same as Apple ID password? I can change my icloud ID account anytime I wish as I have already changed twice. Yes i have that icloud ID email setup in my mail app on my device. Yes i have the current password for my Apple ID. I can reset password but please let me know how could he change it? I repeat my device limit has already been reached.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes he has created 2nd ID for me on his device. ID couldn't be created on my device as my device limit for free account has reached. Yes I am using his second ID and I have the password now. How can he got my password if I have already changed it? What do u mean thats not necessarily the same as Apple ID password? I can change my icloud ID account anytime I wish as I have already changed twice. Yes i have that icloud ID email setup in my mail app on my device. Yes i have the current password for my Apple ID. I can reset password but please let me know how could he change it? I repeat my device limit has already been reached.

I meant your iCloud email account password not necessarily the same as the Apple ID password. I have 7 email accounts. Each has it's own password. My Apple ID password is different from all those. If you changed the password, he may do nothing. But if the account is on his device too, he can change it just as you did if he wanted to. But it looks like your stuck as is. You'll just have to trust him and make the best of it. Or get a new device.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I check it on manage Apple ID account and under devices it is only showing my iPhone and ot seems he cannot access it. I have changed password and it seems he cannot access but thank you for detailed reply. @RogMoore what is Leo Privacy Guard?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think before just posting a negative reply for an app, it would be better you check the feature of Leo Privacy Guard, I am using it since 1 year and I never faced any security related issues.

I have checked it. It does nothing like you say. All anyone need do is lock their phone.

It hides photos and a few other things. But that's not what you said. It's like the app I have called MyPhoto.

It does not prevent anyone from getting into your phone if it's not locked.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
If my device has reached the free icloud account limit can i make a paid icloud account for my iphone where i can backup my iphone to icloud

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods