Why does the iCloud drive not display thumbnails for all jpg files?

I

iMore Question

Why does icloud drive not display thumbnails for all jpg files?

It appears related to jpg file size/attributes. If correct, where is the cutoff on file size/attribute?

i.e. - a 268 kb, 1011 x 983 (96 dpi) file has a thumbnail picture displayed while a 148 kd, 1024 x 768 (300 dpi) files has a generic thumbnail image
displayed. Is dpi the discriminator?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does icloud drive not display thumbnails for all jpg files?

I suppose, but I can't say. Hopefully, someone who does will reply soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact Apple Support and make an inquiry.

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

I tested this with 3 photoshop files I made. 100 DPI, 200 DPI and 300DPI. None of these show up as a thumbnail within icloud drive.

I also tested with different image width/heights and color modes... none seemed to produce a thumbnail.

Oddly, some older photoshop files I have stored in iCloud drive **do** show the thumbnails online via icloud.com

I can't imagine thumbnails showing would be random.... but signs (for me anyway) are pointing that way.

Last edited:

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

To followup further on this...

Yesterday, 3 out of the 5 photoshop files I uploaded ended up showing a thumbnail on iCloud.com. When I logged in this morning to look things over, I was surprised to see that NONE of the 5 files are showing a thumbnail.

It truly does seem to be showing the thumbnails completely random.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner