Is 20GB for $1 worth it or should I use One Drive/Dropbox?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have 230GB right now with Onedrive and 55GB with Dropbox and wondering is it worth it to pay $1 a month for iCloud to have more space? I like iCloud photo library since its seamless and I don't have to open any apps but with me backing up my iPhone and iPad on my iCloud account I only have 100MB of space left. Dropbox/onedrive isn't a pain to use but it does require me to open the app and check on it every few mins to make sure it backs up all my photos

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Only you can answer that question because we do not know your storage needs.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have 230GB right now with Onedrive and 55GB with Dropbox and wondering is it worth it to pay $1 a month for iCloud to have more space?

No. Not as far as I'm concerned. I back up to Box, Dropbox, and Google Photos, and I don't worry about pictures getting backed up with those solutions. I would not pay for Apple to take care of something that's not a problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I try to avoid paying if I don't have to. I have 83 gb free with Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. It'll take me a long time to fill that. I've used maybe 4 gb. And there's Google+. OP, you have at least 285 gb of storage and it's not enough? SMH!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I try to avoid paying if I don't have to. I have 83 gb free with Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. It'll take me a long time to fill that. I've used maybe 4 gb. And there's Google+. OP, you have at least 285 gb of storage and it's not enough? SMH!

Not a matter of free storage but more of is it worth paying $12 dollars a year on the seamless experience with Apple services. I find auto backup to not work a lot with one drive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have all of the "Cloud" storage solutions, and I still have no problem paying Apple $2.00 a month for my wife & I .
You get what you pay for ...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yah I got the 200 GB. Peace of mind and no worries about space.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6