Hi! I'm thinking of switching to iCloud Email and to buy more storage (currently 5gb) but im not sure if it's reliable to be charged for the storage on a monthly basis. Can someone tell me what happens if a payment fails for some reason, can I still receive messages for some time until I resolve the issue(even if unable to login to my mailbox) or the sender will receive a delivery error?
    06-27-2015 12:15 PM
    Hi. My understanding is that iCloud mail is included as part of the iCloud service and is not dependent on any additional storage you purchase. Your service should be uninterrupted even if a payment doesn't go through. Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    mapp350 likes this.
    06-27-2015 12:23 PM
    Hi! I'm thinking of switching to iCloud Email and to buy more storage (currently 5gb) but im not sure if it's reliable to be charged for the storage on a monthly basis. Can someone tell me what happens if a payment fails for some reason, can I still receive messages for some time until I resolve the issue(even if unable to login to my mailbox) or the sender will receive a delivery error?
    Hi. My understanding is that iCloud mail is included as part of the iCloud service and is not dependent on any additional storage you purchase. Your service should be uninterrupted even if a payment doesn't go through. Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    This article from ARSTechnica seems to indicate that the email function is, indeed, affected by the available storage. Seems like an issue to me.

iCloud stops routing Apple e-mail when 5GB limit is reached | Ars Technica
    mapp350 likes this.
    06-27-2015 12:48 PM
    Not that I'm doubting that info, but does anyone have anything more recent to prove that this is in fact true? That article is from 2011 before iCloud was ever introduced
    06-27-2015 01:09 PM
    Your iCloud account includes 5 GB of free storage. This storage is shared with mail, documents, account information, and the iOS settings and app data that are automatically backed up by iCloud.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202305

You should get a message stating that you've exceeded your limits.
    mapp350 likes this.
    06-27-2015 01:34 PM
    Thank you for all the replies! The only thing I don't get - if the system fails to renew the subscription, even the first failed attempt is equal to the situation of exceeding 5gb as if I had never purchased the additional space(except the fact that the data remain saved on the server for some time), and so I can't save any additional data even email? Or it's not the same and all the things that are supposed to be saved on my 200 gb space can be added but just not accesed anymore?
    06-27-2015 02:36 PM
    When you fill up your iCloud storage, regardless of what it's filled with, you'll no longer be able to add anything else or edit what's currently there.
    You can access everything in a read-only mode, but can't modify or add anything until you either increase your storage or delete enough files to get below the 5GB limit.
    06-29-2015 10:21 AM
    How much space do you plan on buying???
    If you think 99-$19.99 a month would send you NSF, then you've got bigger things to worry about than email storage ...
    06-29-2015 11:21 AM