Why has my iCloud Photo Library stopped uploading on iOS 8.3?

I

iMore Question

iCloud Photo Library stops uploading on iOS 8.3

I am so frustrated. My iCloud Photo Library seems to be continually crippled. It works fantastic for days, even weeks. But then, for no reason that I can see, the uploads just hang. It keeps saying it's uploading, but it's completely stalled. The only way to break this, is by toggling the switch on/off and having it re-download all of the photos to my device again. This happens on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. It's so frustrating, that I'm extremely close to moving to Google Photos. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes? It's driving me crazy!

anon(9511354)

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: iCloud Photo Library stops uploading on iOS 8.3

I am having this exact same problem and I agree it is frustrating. It is happening on my iPhone 6, but not my iPad. Yes, the only solution that seems to work is re-download the photos again. When it works, it works well, but when it doesn't, it is very frustrating. Try Google Photos. At this point, it is a better service than Apple Photos. Never had an issue with it and it is faster. Hopefully with IOS 9, they will improve the services they have and fix some of the obvious issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iCloud Photo Library stops uploading on iOS 8.3

You can try several things:
1. Sign out of iCloud and then sign back in.
2. Reset 'Network Settings'.
3. Reboot your iPhone, Wi-Fi router and cable/dsl modem.
4. Don't rule out a problem on Apple's end.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73