How can I get new ones
    05-24-2015 12:23 AM
    How can I get new ones
    Use this link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.
    05-24-2015 01:12 AM
    How can I get new ones
    Without knowing all the details, here are a few things you can do:

1. If you are the one that stole the device that you're trying to use you can see if the individual you stole it from will give you the information. I'm guessing they won't give it to you, but it's worth a shot.

2. If you are not the thief but purchased the device from someone who is, you can see if they can help you or give you your money back. Unlikely, but what have you got to lose?
    twilite2000 and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-24-2015 11:04 AM
    I get forgetting a password. But how does one forget a security question?
    OP, do you know the email ID?
    Just_Me_D and Coachbulldog like this.
    05-24-2015 11:23 AM
    This is no lie: my wife's mother cannot remember passwords, security questions, IDs, or anything related to her accounts. I have to keep notes for her router, iPad, etc. That way, when she calls, I have the information to help her.
    05-24-2015 11:39 AM
    This is no lie: my wife's mother cannot remember passwords, security questions, IDs, or anything related to her accounts. I have to keep notes for her router, iPad, etc. That way, when she calls, I have the information to help her.
    Yeah, but it amazes me how some people who cannot remember their iCloud ID and password or the answers to their security questions have no problem finding iMore, and then locate the Ask A Question feature to ask their questions anonymously. Furthermore, questions like "In what city did you meet your spouse?" should be quite simple to recall. Know what I mean?
    05-24-2015 11:47 AM
    Yeah, but it amazes me how some people who cannot remember their iCloud ID and password or the answers to their security questions have no problem finding iMore, and then locate the Ask A Question feature to ask their questions anonymously. Furthermore, questions like "In what city did you meet your spouse?" should be quite simple to recall. Know what I mean?
    Yes, Sir, I get your meaning.
    05-24-2015 12:06 PM
    The "security question" thing is huge flaw in the whole security process. Thanks to the internet and social media, one can easily determine answers to "mother's maiden name", "birthday", "where were you born" questions.

Many people (myself included) answer those types of questions with bogus answers - things like phrases, nursery rhyme snippets, etc. Forgetting the answers is not a rare situation in that case.

But yeah, I don't get the "I can't remember my email ID" thing - especially since they give you the w******g@g****.c** hint.
    timjobs and Coachbulldog like this.
    05-24-2015 12:12 PM
    I have to do exactly the same thing with my mom. I have every password of hers stored. I've had to reset her password and write down her security question answer as well. My mom calls me to find out what her email address is at least a few times a year. It makes both of our lives much easier. Lol
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-24-2015 11:52 PM
    you can also use your phone to recover
    Ali Hasan5 likes this.
    05-25-2015 06:05 AM
    I have to do exactly the same thing with my mom. I have every password of hers stored. I've had to reset her password and write down her security question answer as well. My mom calls me to find out what her email address is at least a few times a year. It makes both of our lives much easier. Lol
    Hey, that's what us techies do for family, right?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-25-2015 09:30 AM
    How can I get new ones
    07-13-2015 08:19 AM
    I get what you're saying. My situation is very similar. My mother-in-law is 80 years young. Confusing as it is, my brother-in-law gave my husband and I an iPad and he gave my MIL a mini iPad as gifts that he won in golf tournaments. I swapped our iPad with her mini. I set her up for downloading books. Meanwhile she let some kid play on her mini and typed in every wrong answer to the security questions. I've called Apple and they reset the password. That's fine because I appreciate the security. She's set up fine, I just can't get into this mini because the security answers were typed/misspelled. I sent my mother-in-law off with our iPad with typed instructions on everything. I've tried so many things and I know there must be a way to bypass iCloud. Any suggestions? And no, I didn't steal it.
    09-26-2015 06:07 PM
    I get what you're saying. My situation is very similar. My mother-in-law is 80 years young. Confusing as it is, my brother-in-law gave my husband and I an iPad and he gave my MIL a mini iPad as gifts that he won in golf tournaments. I swapped our iPad with her mini. I set her up for downloading books. Meanwhile she let some kid play on her mini and typed in every wrong answer to the security questions. I've called Apple and they reset the password. That's fine because I appreciate the security. She's set up fine, I just can't get into this mini because the security answers were typed/misspelled. I sent my mother-in-law off with our iPad with typed instructions on everything. I've tried so many things and I know there must be a way to bypass iCloud. Any suggestions? And no, I didn't steal it.
    Regardless of whether you stole it or not, there is NO WAY around the Activation Lock. Either remember the password, reset the password, or use it as a table decoration. Sorry to be blunt, but it is exactly what it is.
    09-26-2015 06:11 PM
    I couldn't remember the answers to one of my security questions. Or I didn't spell it right or something. I called apple and they had to verify my identity other ways and then they let me reset my password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coachbulldog and OriEri like this.
    09-26-2015 06:32 PM
    Do you have a question? Nothing came through aside from your quoting the OP.
    05-29-2016 09:20 PM
    I forget my icloud id pasword and some security answer and my big mistake i used my recovery email id same my icloud id.. in this case how i recover my icloud id
    meadyboy likes this.
    12-01-2016 08:21 AM
    Remember password but account blocked but cant remember email r security ques?
    12-13-2016 03:17 AM
    Remember password but account blocked but cant remember email r security ques?
    You can try visiting http://iforgot.apple.com and selecting "Forgot Apple ID?" to look it up. If that doesn't work try contacting Apple Support. Perhaps they can help.

Once you figure things out you might want to write the information down and store it in a safe place (or use a password manager app). I have a ton of usernames and passwords on the internet but there are only a few that I absolutely must remember. As an Apple user, my Apple ID and password is darn near the top of that list.
    12-13-2016 06:31 AM
    Yep. Bogus answers is exactly what I use. Maiden name? Name of schools or friends? Street I lived on? All easy to find if someone is determined. So sometimes I forget the bogus answers. Fortunately, icloud passwords can be reset via an email link; but the problem here is my son's account recovery email address is the icloud address!! WTF? How was that even allowed?

If I choose a more obscure question like "favorite childrens' book" my sense of what this is may well change over the course of 5 years. I liked a LOT of books, you know? So, if I do not know the password, the security questions' bogus answers I chose so they would be hard to guess, and the recovery email address is the same as the account itself (again, it blows my mind that that would be permitted) what are my options? Abandon ship and data?

Is there any solution?

Thanks
    12-29-2016 05:39 PM
    You might call Apple Support. They might help you to remember. If not, you're out of luck. For the future, I suggest keeping it simple with Q&A you can remember. The truth is usually easily remembered. That info is safe. No one will see it. Write it all down and put it somewhere safe you'll remember.
    12-29-2016 09:04 PM
    sir i have iphone 6s mobile i forget i cloud id and pasward and recovery email
    02-15-2017 05:35 AM
    How can I get new ones
    It is humbly requested that i hv goten an iphone as a gift from my uncle living in suadi arabia. As i am new user of Iphone, i unknowingly reset my iphone and later on i knew that iphone was icloud protected.whrn i contacted my uncle about his alternative email and his security questions, he told me that he has forgotten all the required informations. Now my cell is in my cupboard. . Kindly do help me how can i get that particular icloud or apple ID again iblocked... please help me. I m a lecturer in a government college from Pakistan
    alhamdnssreen likes this.
    03-11-2017 01:44 PM
    It is humbly requested that i hv goten an iphone as a gift from my uncle living in suadi arabia. As i am new user of Iphone, i unknowingly reset my iphone and later on i knew that iphone was icloud protected.whrn i contacted my uncle about his alternative email and his security questions, he told me that he has forgotten all the required informations. Now my cell is in my cupboard. . Kindly do help me how can i get that particular icloud or apple ID again iblocked... please help me. I m a lecturer in a government college from Pakistan
    There is nothing you can do without your Uncle's Apple ID and other recovery info. Maybe you can help your Uncle to remember. How many email addresses does he have? Surely he would know the security question answers.
    03-11-2017 02:33 PM
    "Surely he would know the security question answers."
    ?!
    Not necessarily ... and NOT if he's using security questions as experts are suggesting they be used: AS SECOND PASSWORDS !!!
    It's easy for someone to guess the name of your dog, name of your high school, where you honeymooned, etc. ... lots of that is chatted up and common knowledge amongst friends, coworkers, etc.
    So it has been suggested that if the security question is "What city were you born in?" instead of saying "Dallas" you answer with something such as "where JR lived".
    NOW do you see how the answer to a security question could be forgotten??
    So PLEASE do not talk down to those who have forgotten their security question answers with your "Surely he would know ..." response! That's rude and ignorant!!
    NO ... surely he might NOT know!!!
    NOT everyone who has forgotten their security question answers has stolen their Apple product!!!
    APPLE NEEDS A BETTER RECOVERY SYSTEM!!!!
    Last edited by jacqueline576; 04-27-2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more to say!
    04-27-2017 09:32 PM
32 12