I want to change the email that's associated with my Apple ID, but I'm worried about losing my Itunes credits (I have a nice amount built up, which is why I'm more cautious than usual)

I've looked at the official support page, but I'm still slightly wary. I've heard that if you change your Apple ID, you'll lose everything. The option for changing email seems to be the same for resetting the Apple ID.

My old email address is the actual name of my Apple ID, how do I change that without it being considered a new Apple ID.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    04-16-2015 06:19 PM
    You can change your AppleID... All your purchases remain intact... http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht5621
    Rainwater50 likes this.
    04-16-2015 06:24 PM
    I want to change the email that's associated with my Apple ID, but I'm worried about losing my Itunes credits (I have a nice amount built up, which is why I'm more cautious than usual)

I've looked at the official support page, but I'm still slightly wary. I've heard that if you change your Apple ID, you'll lose everything. The option for changing email seems to be the same for resetting the Apple ID.

My old email address is the actual name of my Apple ID, how do I change that without it being considered a new Apple ID.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    I changed my email address on my Apple ID. Just remember to sign back in to iMessage and FaceTime.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-16-2015 08:50 PM