1. JonFHewitt's Avatar
    It nice that you can share photos and videos accross devices so they all are logically one device. Trouble is that my 6+ has 4 times the storage of my iPad. I do a lot of photos and videos and at the end of the day go delete 80% and will use the remaining 20%. In any case my iPad storage is constantly full. If I delete stuff it becomes full again.

    I can and have created shared albums. How can I disable icloud sharing and let me control what videos and pictures I share.

    A second issue. With all the deleting my iPad shows Photos and Camera with 9.7GB. I knot it should be less than 5GB. I suspect IOS lost memory as part of its memory management processes. The only way to reclaim the memory is to reinstall from a backup. Is there an easier solution
    04-02-2015 11:23 AM
  2. kch50428's Avatar
    You may find something useful here: iCloud - Photos - Apple Support -- it's going to be a learning process for all of us when Photos finally goes public - I've been using it in beta - and I'm still trying to figure some things out.
    04-02-2015 12:58 PM
  3. JonFHewitt's Avatar
    I will take a look but not 100% sure Apples solution is best for me. Not saying it's no good, I just done know. I have well over 150k photos in Aperture, most JPEG, but a lot of RAW and TIFF. Throw in 10TB of video. In any case I should be able to solve my current issue with today's version of SW
    04-02-2015 01:34 PM
  4. Ledsteplin's Avatar
    I will take a look but not 100% sure Apples solution is best for me. Not saying it's no good, I just done know. I have well over 150k photos in Aperture, most JPEG, but a lot of RAW and TIFF. Throw in 10TB of video. In any case I should be able to solve my current issue with today's version of SW
    iCloud Photo Sharing does not use iCloud storage. iCloud Photo Library does. It may use your phone's internal storage. There's always cloud based apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos on the phone. The puter...IDK.


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    KDParker likes this.
    04-02-2015 02:14 PM
  5. KDParker's Avatar
    Using iCloud to store the pics is the best way to go. That way you don't have to use storage on the device unless you pull them down.

    i think that the default behavior of storing them on each device doesn't make sense when iCloud (or any cloud storage) is so cheap.
    04-02-2015 02:23 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Adobe Slate for the iPad makes designing and sharing presentations easier
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 09:51 AM
  2. I am trying to rotate photos using photo app
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 11:54 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD