Uncontrolled Photo Sharing Killing Storage

JonFHewitt

May 1, 2014
Visit site
It nice that you can share photos and videos accross devices so they all are logically one device. Trouble is that my 6+ has 4 times the storage of my iPad. I do a lot of photos and videos and at the end of the day go delete 80% and will use the remaining 20%. In any case my iPad storage is constantly full. If I delete stuff it becomes full again.

I can and have created shared albums. How can I disable icloud sharing and let me control what videos and pictures I share.

A second issue. With all the deleting my iPad shows Photos and Camera with 9.7GB. I knot it should be less than 5GB. I suspect IOS lost memory as part of its memory management processes. The only way to reclaim the memory is to reinstall from a backup. Is there an easier solution

JonFHewitt

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I will take a look but not 100% sure Apples solution is best for me. Not saying it's no good, I just done know. I have well over 150k photos in Aperture, most JPEG, but a lot of RAW and TIFF. Throw in 10TB of video. In any case I should be able to solve my current issue with today's version of SW

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will take a look but not 100% sure Apples solution is best for me. Not saying it's no good, I just done know. I have well over 150k photos in Aperture, most JPEG, but a lot of RAW and TIFF. Throw in 10TB of video. In any case I should be able to solve my current issue with today's version of SW

iCloud Photo Sharing does not use iCloud storage. iCloud Photo Library does. It may use your phone's internal storage. There's always cloud based apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos on the phone. The puter...IDK.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

KDParker

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Using iCloud to store the pics is the best way to go. That way you don't have to use storage on the device unless you pull them down.

i think that the default behavior of storing them on each device doesn't make sense when iCloud (or any cloud storage) is so cheap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR