Hey guys,
    So I'm going to create a new Apple ID/email address to use from now on.
    I've made an icloud email address which I will use as my primary email (pretty much for everything).
    Is it okay to use this as my Apple ID?
    Are there any security risks or disadvantages by doing this? Or should I use an email address from another server (gmail etc, I wouldn't use this email personally, just as a log in) as my apple ID and then just use the icloud email for all things icloud?
    Personally I like the idea of having the same ID as my primary email (icloud) because it seems a lot smoother. However I'm just concerned how this affects things like family sharing etc.
    Hope that's not too confusing.
    Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Bluestained10 likes this.
    01-12-2015 01:09 AM
    You can use your icloud email to set up your Apple ID, that way, anything happening with your Apple ID will be sent to your icloud email. And no worries about family sharing with you Apple ID. The password of your Apple ID can be different from the password of your icloud email even if both of the services icloud and Apple ID share the same email address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-12-2015 01:19 AM
    You can use your icloud email to set up your Apple ID, that way, anything happening with your Apple ID will be sent to your icloud email. And no worries about family sharing with you Apple ID. The password of your Apple ID can be different from the password of your icloud email even if both of the services icloud and Apple ID share the same email address.

I hope this is true.

However on the Apple site it says:

"Important: If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do with other Apple services such as the Apple Online Store, iTunes Store, App Store, or to purchase products in iPhoto or Aperture, changing your iCloud password also changes your password for these services. Make sure you sign in to those locations using your new password."

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.
    01-12-2015 01:31 AM
    What I want really I guess is being able to let people access my purchased music and stuff without having access to my email/icloud services.
    But I prefer to use the icloud address as the same ID for everything...
    01-12-2015 01:41 AM
    Let's say abcd@icloud.com is your primary email address and the password of it is abcd-email
    Now your Apple ID email address is the address of your primary email address abcd@icloud.com and the password of it is abcd-icloud.
    Now anything you will want to do online with Apple ID that is apps store, iTunes, setting up icloud on your iDevices, FaceTime, iMessages, aperture, iPhoto, I mean anything that will ever require you to use your Apple ID, you will be using the abcd@icloud.com and the password abcd-icloud
    If you come to change the password of your Apple ID, that is changing abcd-icloud to 12345-icloud for exemple, you will have to relog into all the services that require your Apple ID credentials and this time you will use abcd@icloud.com and your new password12345-icloud
    Hope I didn't make it confusing for your.

01-12-2015 01:43 AM