Apple ID...So FRUSTRATED!!!

Milenkod

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
When iCloud first came out, I signed up my kids by back-dating their birth years so they could have an account. The back-up features and Find My iDevice were well worth doing this. Fast forward to iOS 8 and I want them included in the Family Account share. However, they are free to purchase whatever and whenever they want...because their fictitious birth year automatically labels them as "Adult". Only "Kids" get the permission to buy.

The fix is simple. I'm supposed to be able to log onto their Apple ID and change their birth year and it'll re-label them as "Kid" and adds the ask-permission for app purchases. However, every time I access their apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com I enter their Apple ID and password and then get a splash page that asks me to change their passwords and does not allow me to go any further. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THEIR PASSWORDS!!!!! Their passwords have upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers...there is NO FRICKEN WAY someone will guess these passwords and it took some time for me and my wife and the kids to memorize them.

How the hell do I get into their account other than through this stupid co**block that forces me to do something I don't want?????

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just change the passwords by adding a 1 at the end of each one. See if that works. I'm curious why it asks that. They never asked me to change mine. Must be some reason. Contact iTunes and ask about it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So. Let me get this straight. You want them to be treated as kids when they're labeled an adult? How old are they?

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk. 😘

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner