Special circumstances for bypassing the activation lock

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, No, No, this is not a thread providing instructions on how to bypass the activation lock....:)....With that in mind, we've all heard about the situation where relatives of a deceased loved one wanted Apple to give them access to the deceased person's i-device. Under what circumstances, if any, should Apple allow users to bypass security measures, specifically the iCloud activation lock?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well if you tap the Home Button and you see a count down Timer 💣

Other than that I can't think of any 😎

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With that in mind, we've all heard about the situation where relatives of a deceased loved one wanted Apple to give them access to the deceased person's i-device.
If the decedent intends that, then they can leave their AppleID and password in their will...
Under what circumstances, if any, should Apple allow users to bypass security measures, specifically the iCloud activation lock?
None.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think most people are going to think to put these types of things in their will or their password but with everything going on now a days I am sure a sharp lawyer showing Apple a legitimate reason they might just allow it. I am not for it ...Just sayin.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No, No, No, this is not a thread providing instructions on how to bypass the activation lock....:)....With that in mind, we've all heard about the situation where relatives of a deceased loved one wanted Apple to give them access to the deceased person's i-device. Under what circumstances, if any, should Apple allow users to bypass security measures, specifically the iCloud activation lock?

Only if you have proof of purchase and ID. Sometimes this happens by accident.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Under what circumstances, if any, should Apple allow users to bypass security measures, specifically the iCloud activation lock?

1 - if the deceased specified in a will or other kind of testament.
2 - court order

Otherwise, hands off.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73