Hi everyone and first of all, a happy new year, best wishes

I have a question about iTunes in the Cloud. From now on, I buy my music exclusively on iTunes so I can access it anywhere, without having to carry my storage with me. It's simply available everywhere.

But, does it sync my ratings for example? I like to rate with the star system songs so I can find them back easily. But it doesn't seem to be sync'ing between my Mac and my iPhone
    The same goes with music details. For example an old album came up pretty messed up: all the songs are thrown into a single CD instead of 5. So I modified it on the Mac (no way to do that on iPhone anyway) to change the details and add the CD numbers. But again it doesn't seem to synchronize

So, is there any sync available over iTunes in the Cloud? Have I missed enabling a feature maybe? I heard it works for iTunes Match, but I don't need this service as all my music is purchased through iTunes.

Best wishes again!
    Xavier
    01-01-2014 01:09 PM
    01-01-2014 10:29 PM
    Hi Keith!

Thank you for your answer.
    So it seems that iTunes in the Cloud is exclusively for download access, and nothing else.

iTunes Match is reportedly the answer to my problem, but paying $25 a year just for not having to worry about synchronization and all the hassle is a premium.

Thanks for your help!
    01-02-2014 05:45 AM
    You're correct. iTunes Match will sync your playlists and content you've matched/uploaded into iTunes Match.
    01-02-2014 05:02 PM
    Hi Keith!

Thank you for your answer.
    So it seems that iTunes in the Cloud is exclusively for download access, and nothing else.

iTunes Match is reportedly the answer to my problem, but paying $25 a year just for not having to worry about synchronization and all the hassle is a premium.

Thanks for your help!
    You can choose to download the music to an iOS device or not. If you don't download it, you can simply stream it from the cloud. This allows you to have thousands of songs available on your device saving much of the storage space on it. Be aware though that songs played are stored in a cache on the device so they don't have to be downloaded next time. Eventually, that cache can take up many a lot of space, I have had the space marked other as high as 8GB. Deleting the music in usage will get rid of some of the space until you use iTunes Match again. iTunes Radio does the same thing.

iTunes Match will do what you are asking about.
    01-03-2014 03:20 AM