Forgot Apple ID password

jeb1000

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I am new to smartphones and have the 5c. A friend helped me set it up and I now tried to download the facebook app. I keeps asking if I want to open a new account and when I start to do that it says the email address I put in is already in use.

I have fund the iphone name but now do I find the other info we put in - didn't (of course - duh) write it down?

Tks for the help - jb

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JB, do you have a Facebook account? If so, type in YOUR Facebook credentials. If you're creating a Facebook and the email address you're trying to use with it is already in use, use another one. If I misread your post, my apologies.

jeb1000

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
D, I only have my gmail address and the backup to that, also gmail. Why won't it take my address I use all the time? And why must I open a new account? Is this a new facebook account and, if so, I don't want another one. BTW, I am new to facebook as well. have been using computers since we made the mother boards but totally new to all this social stuff.

Tks - jb

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
D, I only have my gmail address and the backup to that, also gmail. Why won't it take my address I use all the time? And why must I open a new account? Is this a new facebook account and, if so, I don't want another one. BTW, I am new to facebook as well. have been using computers since we made the mother boards but totally new to all this social stuff.

Tks - jb

JB, I'm a bit confused. Are you trying to set up Facebook for the very FIRST time? If so, then all you should have to do is type in your name and email address and a password you'd like to use to login to Facebook.

I get the feeling, however, that you and your friend have already set up a Facebook account, and that could be the reason it is telling you that the email you're entering in what I assume is the new account set up section, is already in use. If you can remember the password you used, just enter the gmail account you're referring to and the password you created for Facebook in the regular login section.

jeb1000

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
D, tried again with search in apps and got to facebook app - to download, it asks for apple username and passwork - this is the info I didn't write down when we set the phone up. How do I get/change that info? - jb

jeb1000

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yup - already have a facebook account. Was trying to transfer photos from my phone to facebook and somehow have it screwed up. If I already have a facebook account, do I need the app? - jb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73