iCloud.com Birthday Calendar Displays Birthdays Of Deleted Contacts

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s and Win7 pc, just for background information.

I have deleted all my contacts on icloud.com but their birthdays are still being displayed on the Birthday Calendar. They DO NOT display on my 4s, only on icloud.com. I know it takes 1-2 hours for this to update, but it has been 2 days.

I know there are several articles out there about this, but I could not find one dated this year. So I am wondering if this is still a known issue, or if there is a fix for this.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
About a year ago I did sync with FB but was removed after about 2 hours. The birthdays just started 2 days ago. I noticed duplicate contacts at first, so I deleted all contacts and now just have 1 entry for each contact.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I also know at some point I exported my contacts from my Windows Live email, imported into Google (just to export as a vCard) and then imported into iCloud.com. I know a few of my contacts birthdays are a day off from their actual birthday and that is a known bug. If that is what caused this issue, how would I fix this?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about it more, when I imported my Windows Live contacts into Google to be able able to export a vCard, I also used the round about way of my 4s so sync Google Contacts and Calendar. I believe I used the Microsoft Exchange method to accomplish this. I wonder if that caused the duplicate birthdays. I have restored my 4s since then.

The main item that is throwing me off, is the inccorrect birthdays that are off by one day, which again..... is a bug between iOS and LIVE. All my contacts originally came from LIVE when this mess started. Could something be hanging on in the background???

Is this a possible scenario????

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I know you restored you iPhone but by any chance did you remove your email address prior to this. Not sure if this is the problem but just a thought.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I did not remove the service before restoring. I wonder if redoing what I did before would correct the issue. The problem is, I did too many things to recall what exactly MIGHT fix it.

But either way, why would syncing contacts from another account through the iPhone affect my iCloud contacts. Aren't they suppose to remain 2 different entities even though they are considered "unified"?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for attempting on your account. Mine was working fine for as long as iCloud was available. I must have screwed this up even though there USED to be an issue with duplicate birthdays. I am still not sure why this would happen even if I did sync contacts through different accounts. I was under the impression iCloud ONLY uses iCloud contacts and then the data from those contacts only go into the Birthdays calendar.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Had to call Apple support, and I talked to a lead technical support person. I explained to him what I have done regarding syncing contacts from both Windows and Google.

On a separate note: inside the Calendar app on the iphone itself, when selecting a color for the calendar..... I select BLUE and about 5 seconds later while still viewing the color selection screen, the check mark goes from BLUE to CUSTOM. If I view this setting on icloud.com it says BLUE.

Can someone try this on their device and report what happens.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
On a separate note: inside the Calendar app on the iphone itself, when selecting a color for the calendar..... I select BLUE and about 5 seconds later while still viewing the color selection screen, the check mark goes from BLUE to CUSTOM. If I view this setting on icloud.com it says BLUE.

Can someone try this on their device and report what happens.
xMatter, there is a thread and on going discussion here about it. Long story short, it's an iCloud issue a good bit of people are experiencing this problem with.

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/267072-calendar-icloud-randomly-changes-colors.html

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So i did some more troubleshooting on this issue. I deleted all my contacts on iCloud.com and yet their birthdays display on the Birthday Calendar on iCloud.com. On my 4s, I am ONLY syncing Mail, Contacts, and Reminders through my Windows Live email account and NOT SYNCING Calendars. Within the 4s Calendars app, if I check the Apple default Birthday Calendar to display it, my Windows Live Contact's birthdays display. If I uncheck that calendar, no birthdays display.

With the syncing of Windows Live Calendars, I get Birthday Calendar (read only), Holidays (read only), and my personal Calendar as choices. If I check them all within the Apple 4s Calendar app, I get duplicate Calendar entries ONLY in NOTIFICATION CENTER not is the calendar itself. One entry has a CAPITAL B, and the other entry has a lowercase b for the word birthday. I think I remember Apple's default would use a CAPITAL B in Notification Center. As this point I am only displaying Windows Live Birthday calendar and Apple's default birthday UNCHECKED!!!

On the other hand, if I DO NOT sync anything from Windows Live and ONLY SYNC my iCloud.com contacts and calendars, I get nothing because no contacts exist. You would think the birthdays would display since they DO display on iCloud.com

SO............................. something is going on with Apple's default Birthday Calendar on the 4s and Windows Live Contacts/Calendar. But that still does not explain why iCloud.com has entries from deleted contacts.

Even with both Apple's and Live's birthday calendar UNCHECKED, I still have duplicates in the Notification Center.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's another update. In notification center where the duplicate birthdays are, when I click the lowercase b I get brought to the calendar event. When I click the uppercase B I get brought to the contact entry.

Is this just another Windows Live thing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal