Want to change icloud default browser

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
From the first time I installed iCloud it opened in Explorer. I use Chrome, and perhaps Firefox in the future. How do I reset the browser in which iCloud opens?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you wish iCloud to open for instance in Chrome... Go into settings and you might need to expand them where the button says show more and look for the button that says: Make Chrome my default browser. This way if you click on an email link for instance it will open in Chrome but let me make something clear for you..... You are not or did not have a choice to install iCloud anywhere except for the desktop control panel as iCloud is web based. Any browser you open and go to www.icloud.com it is going to pull up. Simply log in so I am not sure when you say you installed it in Explorer? If anything other than what I mentioned you need to clarify a bit more for us.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Chrome is my default browser. Here is what I just tried: I logged out of icloud, which was still in Explorer. I then closed Explorer. Then I logged back in through a Chrome page. But when I went to the icon in the task tray and clicked on go to iCloud, the Explorer window opened and there it was, again.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I am still seeking an answer as to why iCloud only opens in Explorer. Chrome is my default browser. Here is what I just tried: I logged out of icloud, which was still in Explorer. I then closed Explorer. Then I logged back in through a Chrome page. But when I went to the icon in the task tray and clicked on go to iCloud, the Explorer window opened and there it was, again.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From the first time I installed iCloud it opened in Explorer. I use Chrome, and perhaps Firefox in the future. How do I reset the browser in which iCloud opens?
If indeed what you are referring to is the control panel then the answer that JustMe'D provided to you as requirements are correct and i stand corrected in what you were looking for.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If indeed what you are referring to is the control panel then the answer that JustMe'D provided to you as requirements are correct and i stand corrected in what you were looking for.

Sorry, guys, I'm still not sure I am either understanding what you are saying or vice versa [no matter how sophisticated human beings get with the mode of transmission, we still have to deal with making ourselves understood in our native languages, which are hundreds of years old!]. My meaning was my own log into iCloud.com, the site, where I can find my cloud contacts, tasks, calendar, etc. Based on what you have said, when I click the cloud in my task tray, will it only open in Safari or Explorer, or can I change the default to Chrome?

Duncan Johnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Joshua

I completely understand what you are saying as I have the same problem.

When I open iCloud from the System Tray icon it default to Internet Explorer.

I use Chrome and Firefox (default browser) and I can not find a way to change the settings. In fact within the iCloud control panel there is no settings for the choice of browser.

If there are settings that allow us to change which browser the system tray icon for icloud uses then they are kept very hidden.

Can anyone help? Defaulting to using Internet Explorer is actually my barrier to using the iCloud services.

Duncan

Tony Cook SG

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. There must be a way to change it. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73