iCloud info and iPhone info different please oh please help

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I found this forum doing searches on trying to resolve an iCloud issue. I've read for two days and while I've solved some issues I have one big one issue I can't seem to figure out how to fix. I've done numerous searches and can't quite find the same problem. If anyone could help or point me to a thread or article that would help I'd be so grateful.

So, our family's iCloud situation has always been somewhat of a mess but after reading here a little bit I've been well on my way to cleaning it up. I couldn't figure out why my husband and teen couldn't see my calendars. My personal iCloud and the on in "added accounts" for Mail, Contacts and Calendars seemed the same but no matter what I did none of my info synched to iCloud. After really looking I realized my info in the added accounts was added into Yahoo mail instead or iCloud. ALL of my info on my phone is on this. Of course for the life of me I can't remember the password (for some reason it's different then my regular email) and have no idea how to access this separately from my phone. What I would like to know is: how can I either get all this info onto my phone and then into iCloud or how can I transfer all this info iCloud? The calendars aren't such a big deal but I'd really hate (dread) losing all my contacts. I'm really hoping someone can help me out here and help me figure out this iMess. Thank you so much for any help!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Go to your settings and choose the Yahoo account in Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Deselect contacts. You will be prompted to remove your contacts - leave them on the phone.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
That is part of my problem. Why I try to do that it does not give me the option to keep them. It says 'delete from phone.' When I tried it earlier it erased everything. Luckily I had a back up in iTunes. Any other ideas maybe? I could provide a screen shot it that will help.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You might med to access that yahoo account on a PC. There should be an option to export them as vcards. Then you can go to iCloud.com, log into your iCloud account, go to contacts and there is an option to import them from vcards (under the gear icon).

However I'm not sure why you aren't being given a option to leave the contacts on the device when deleting the yahoo account. One other thing to try would be instead of deleting the yahoo account, just flip the switch to turn off the contacts part. Maybe that will give you the leave on device option.
If I could clarify, part of the problem is the Yahoo account was not entered to the iCloud portion of 'add account' but to the Yahoo part. This happened when iCloud first came out and I didn't understand the difference. I checked my yahoo account and the Calendars I've made recently are there but the contacts seem out of sorts. When I flip the switch it warns me they'll be deleted from the phone, there are no options. I'm thinking because it's synching to my Yahoo account and not iCloud. I was thinking maybe I could delete my main iCloud from the phone, create a new one and sync to my Yahoo from there. Do you think that would work?
Thank you both so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If I could clarify, part of the problem is the Yahoo account was not entered to the iCloud portion of 'add account' but to the Yahoo part. This happened when iCloud first came out and I didn't understand the difference. I checked my yahoo account and the Calendars I've made recently are there but the contacts seem out of sorts. When I flip the switch it warns me they'll be deleted from the phone, there are no options. I'm thinking because it's synching to my Yahoo account and not iCloud. I was thinking maybe I could delete my main iCloud from the phone, create a new one and sync to my Yahoo from there. Do you think that would work?
Thank you both so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

You can not sync to two services at once .. So i don't think that will work .. I would try the forgot password on yahoo to gain access from a computer then do what was suggested exporting them and then importing them into iCloud

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You can not sync to two services at once .. So i don't think that will work .. I would try the forgot password on yahoo to gain access from a computer then do what was suggested exporting them and then importing them into iCloud

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
I will try the Vcard option. Thank you all for your help. If anything has come of this my understanding of iCloud has improved the last few days, lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I found this forum doing searches on trying to resolve an iCloud issue. I've read for two days and while I've solved some issues I have one big one issue I can't seem to figure out how to fix. I've done numerous searches and can't quite find the same problem. If anyone could help or point me to a thread or article that would help I'd be so grateful.

So, our family's iCloud situation has always been somewhat of a mess but after reading here a little bit I've been well on my way to cleaning it up. I couldn't figure out why my husband and teen couldn't see my calendars. My personal iCloud and the on in "added accounts" for Mail, Contacts and Calendars seemed the same but no matter what I did none of my info synched to iCloud. After really looking I realized my info in the added accounts was added into Yahoo mail instead or iCloud. ALL of my info on my phone is on this. Of course for the life of me I can't remember the password (for some reason it's different then my regular email) and have no idea how to access this separately from my phone. What I would like to know is: how can I either get all this info onto my phone and then into iCloud or how can I transfer all this info iCloud? The calendars aren't such a big deal but I'd really hate (dread) losing all my contacts. I'm really hoping someone can help me out here and help me figure out this iMess. Thank you so much for any help!

Since you thought your information would be saved to your iCloud account, I am assuming you want it to be the default account. If so, then do the following via your iPhone: Go to Settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Now scroll down until you see "Default Account". Tap on it and then select "iCloud" or whichever you want to be your default/primary account.

Now via a computer, login to your Yahoo account. Afterwards, select the "Contacts" tab as depicted in the below screenshot.

Contacts.png

Afterwards, select the "Actions" tab to the right of Contacts. See the below screenshot.

Action.png

Now select "Export All".

Export.png

An export option will be displayed. Scroll down and select "vCard Single File" and then select "Export Now"

vCard.png

If it gives you an option where to save the vCard file, select your desktop as the destination.

Now log into iCloud via your computer and then select the "Contacts" icon.

iCloud.png

Now select the mechanical icon at the bottom of the screen.

Address.png

Now select "import vCard".

importvCard.png

Select the vCard file that was saved to your desktop. The contacts will then be imported into iCloud and should soon sync to your device(s).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iCloud says it can't read the Vcard. Any ideas?

When you're in Yahoo, and you select your contacts, there should be a box that will allow you to select all of your contacts. Check that box and then follow the remaining instructions with one difference. When it prompts you to export, create one with the vCard single File and another with the option regarding vCard from vcf or something to that effect. I'm not on my computer so I can't recall the exact wording. Anyway, iCloud will import one of the two.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Those did not work either. I think I'm going to set it aside for awhile and maybe try again another time. Thanks again for trying to help.