Please somebody help me with Apple ID issue and iCloud.

Killed old email addy I used for apple ID. Changed primary email and Apple ID to new email addy on appleid.com on my windows 7 pc. I assumed (wrongly) that would automatically change the apple id on my iphone4 and my ipad2. Discovered during normal use that I had to type in the new apple id when using app store or itunes store on both pad and phone. OK, so that's done.

However, when I look at iCloud on either ipad or iphone, the Account login default is the old (now invalid) apple id. I cannot type in the new apple id. There is no apparent way to log out of that apple id on the Settings > iCloud page. The only way to get out of the old apple id in icloud appears to be "Delete Account". I'm a little afraid to do that...?

TIA..
    08-17-2013 09:11 PM
    Delete the account. It will not destroy your data. After you delete the account, reconfigure it with your new Apple ID credentials. All of your previous iCloud data will sync back to your device. If you'd like, feel free to do a backup via iTunes on your computer beforehand.
    CDG likes this.
    08-17-2013 09:15 PM
    I just did this a couple of days back and no issues, everything synched back fine.
    08-17-2013 09:35 PM
    I have the same problem and have tried to delete the account but when I do I get the prompt for the password for the old email address
    Very frustrating (on my iPhone)
    09-27-2013 05:02 AM
    The same thing is happening to me, when trying to delete the account it keeps on asking for password to old email so can not delete the account.... can anyone help? I'm losing the will to live.....................
    10-04-2013 05:03 PM
    I have the same problem and have tried to delete the account but when I do I get the prompt for the password for the old email address
    Very frustrating (on my iPhone)
    I have done it at long flaming last.... it has drove me bonkers for days.......

just follow these instructions

Removing iCloud account via www.icloud.com
    1.Device must be switched OFF*
    2.Log into www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and password
    3.Select Find My iPhone
    4.Select your iPhone from All Devices drop down (top, centre of screen)
    5.Device should show as OFFLINE
    6.Select Remove from Account
    7.Select Remove on confirmation message

*Your iPhone must be switched off so it shows as Offline, otherwise the option to Remove from Account will not appear.
    If you have recently switched your iPhone off, you may have to wait
    a few minutes for it to show as Offline.

But remember when you turn the phone back on it will ask to set

for new iphone,
    set from icloud
    or set from iTunes

please please please be advised to set as NEW iPHONE....the only one that works.

and whal...lah it working..................

good luck to all
    10-04-2013 06:26 PM