iCloud question?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i am familiar with iphones and stuff but just recently i am slowly figuring out what icloud is? and what i want to know is if you lose your iphone and someone else finds it and wipes out your whole phone can u still use find my iphone to locate where your iphone is?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone is completely erased and returned to factory settings, the Find My iPhone feature goes away with it, thus you will no longer be able to use this feature to find your iPhone in the event that it has been stolen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, but you will be able to with iOS 7, I believe.
"iOS 7 currently in beta, adds a new "Activation Lock" feature that will prevent any device that had FInd My iPhone enabled from being re-activated without supplying the original owner's Apple ID and password. This won't necessarily help the original owner locate the device once it's wiped or has no data access, but the feature will at least render it useless to the average thief. Further, the owner will be able to use Find My iPhone to leave a message and phone number even after the device is remotely wiped.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"iOS 7 currently in beta, adds a new "Activation Lock" feature that will prevent any device that had FInd My iPhone enabled from being re-activated without supplying the original owner's Apple ID and password. This won't necessarily help the original owner locate the device once it's wiped or has no data access, but the feature will at least render it useless to the average thief. Further, the owner will be able to use Find My iPhone to leave a message and phone number even after the device is remotely wiped.

Okay. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me...;)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The new Activation Lock also prevents wiping the device without your Apple ID and password so you would still be able to locate the device and the thief couldn't wipe it.

Dfu mode will wipe it also will recovery
Mode but still will not be able to activate it .. So far I do not know of a way to by pass this and well most of us on here are far more than average users lol I assume there will be some tool or software IE jailbreak or something sooner or later that will by this

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR