Is it possible to sync an app between two ios devices through iCloud?

PubRickRan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have used iCloud to sync contacts, notes, etc., between my iphone and ipod touch, but I'd also like to be able to sync other apps' data. For example, I have an app called "simple habits" where I can enter in habits in a list and check them off. I would like to have that apps data synced between my two devices. I have made sure both devices have backup turned on in icloud on each respective device. But they don't sync with each other. Does anyone know why or even if this is possible to do?

If this isn't possible to do, then why is there an option in iCloud's backup to turn on and off this app in the backup?

Many thanks,
Rick

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That depends on the app itself. If it has iCloud integration then yes, it should work, but if it does not then no, it will not work. If the app allows you to backup its data to locally, you should be able to connect your device to iTunes and then drag the backup file onto your computer and then insert it to your other device by connecting it to iTunes.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Backing up and syncing are two different things. You'll still want to backup your data to iCloud in your settings so that you don't lose everything completely if something catastrophic happens.

A developer has to code in iCloud sync for your devices to share data. You might consider emailing the developer of the app you're using and put in a feature request.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro