Advantages to using iCloud and associated email?

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
First time IP users and have had my IP5 for about a month now. Today I was setting up ICloud and downloaded the app to my windows laptop. I mainly use Outlook and it is telling me that I need to create an email account in order to use outlook with Icloud. Besides backing up data are there any other advantage to using ICloud and do I really need to create an email account. Thnaks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ICloud Newbiw with Questions

The main uses are backing up your data wirelessly and syncing your data wirelessly to your iCloud compatible Apple products. For more information, visit the following link.

Apple - iCloud - All your content on all your devices.

With that in mind, if you do not want or need another email account and simply prefer to use what you have, go for it. There is nothing wrong with it. and others are carrying on without iCloud as well.

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: ICloud Newbiw with Questions

The main uses are backing up your data wirelessly and syncing your data wirelessly to your iCloud compatible Apple products. For more information, visit the following link.

Apple - iCloud - All your content on all your devices.

With that in mind, if you do not want or need another email account and simply prefer to use what you have, go for it. There is nothing wrong with it. and others are carrying on without iCloud as well.

Thnaks for the Link info helped out a lot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal