Contacts through iCloud on web

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed, since the 10th, that iCloud services are acting kind of funky. Mostly not being able to reach services on the first few tries. But just now I went into Contacts and my contacts are displaying Last, First even though they are each appropriately placed under the correct letter based of their first name. Went into my settings and sure enough they are set to display First, Last. More so, when I click on a particular contact, the name switches to First, Last. Anyone else having this particular issue? Maybe iCloud updates are occurring?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed, since the 10th, that iCloud services are acting kind of funky. Mostly not being able to reach services on the first few tries. But just now I went into Contacts and my contacts are displaying Last, First even though they are each appropriately placed under the correct letter based of their first name. Went into my settings and sure enough they are set to display First, Last. More so, when I click on a particular contact, the name switches to First, Last. Anyone else having this particular issue? Maybe iCloud updates are occurring?

Mine is listed and set as I've always had it. All is well on my end.

Same for me. Everything syncs as it should... No issues at all.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
very odd. on my phone, it displays properly, just not on the web. Well then......... here's to hoping for an iCloud update with iOS 7 release.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In my experience of using Apple's online service offerings for 13 years now, don't hold your breath. They're very slow to update their iCloud customer-facing stuff, and they've been focused on iWork for iCloud (reviews of iWork for iCloud seem positive).

I would recommend a semi-regular backup of your iCloud data, in case the "truth in the cloud" goes wacko. I don't change my contacts too often but I want a restoral capability. A good review article is here: iCloud: Archiving or making copies of your iCloud data

I do weekly backups of both the contacts (as a single vCard), and another export of the contacts archive (which captures my groups). I also backup Safari bookmarks, calendars, and reminders, to a backup folder on Dropbox. I have updated Notes occasionally, but Notes are a PITA to update as there's no native export functionality. Notes ARE stored in IMAP format (remember they used to be part of Mail.app?). I'm assuming you have Mountain Lion...if you don't, you can still do an export from icloud.com into vCard format. If you have Mac OS X, you can still do most/all of this. YMMV. One of these days I'll get around to creating an Automator script to do all this for me.

Tim Littrell

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to set up groups on icloud desktop and have followed the instructions online. I was successful on one group, but am having difficulty with the second. When I have the group showing on the lefthand screen and the "All Contacts" on the right side, the search feature will not pull up the requested entry even though the box indicates a result (grayed out). When All Contacts is listed on the selft side, it is extermely difficult to scroll to the needed address. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro