Hey

I am trying to switch away from google products and I need everyone's advice! I won't lie I do like how google drive works in the fact that I can go to any computer and be able to access it and create a document. If I download pages for the ipad will I be able to do something similar on icloud (go to a computer at the library, create a word document, pull up iCloud.com, and drag that file into it, and be able to access it on my ipad later)?

All I really need Is some way or app that I can do something similar to this. Is drop box a good suggestion if that wont work?

i basically want a cloud storage that I can create and access word documents on different computers/iPads!

Thanks!
    05-15-2013 11:25 PM
    As you know iCloud is an Apple service.
    If you move into the Apple ecosystem it's not a good idea to use Microsoft products. You will get many (not only compatibility) problems.
    But if you decide to use Apple's iWork suite all documents are synced across all devices automatically using iCloud.
    So you have to decide which philosophy you want to follow.

About one year ago I myself decided to move into the post PC era kicking off my PC and doing all tasks on an iPad. It works for documents and everyday tasks and I can tell you, it works perfect.
    See [Redacted] to read about all my experiences.
    Bballbenb likes this.
    05-15-2013 11:35 PM
    You cannot save documents to iCloud from a pc. I don't remember seeing that option in the iCloud control panel on PC.
    05-16-2013 12:01 AM
    You cannot save documents to iCloud from a pc. I don't remember seeing that option in the iCloud control panel on PC.
    Does iCloud.com allow you to upload or download those documents?
    05-16-2013 07:39 AM
    That's what I'm trying to figure out! This was posted in a thread below...

"I just did it with both Pages and Word docs...dragged them right into the web browser. Once uploaded to icloud.com/iwork, they're available on the site and your devices that have iCloud documents enabled. Just bear in mind you can't edit on iWork.com...it's simply used as a storage point for files, as of now. My sincere hope is they expand this with a SDK that lets you store many more types of files out there under different tabs - of course that will eat up iCloud storage space, but it's a good starting point. It's definitely not Google Drive, Dropbox, etc."
    05-16-2013 08:57 AM
    Does iCloud.com allow you to upload or download those documents?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out! This was posted in a thread below...

"I just did it with both Pages and Word docs...dragged them right into the web browser. Once uploaded to icloud.com/iwork, they're available on the site and your devices that have iCloud documents enabled. Just bear in mind you can't edit on iWork.com...it's simply used as a storage point for files, as of now. My sincere hope is they expand this with a SDK that lets you store many more types of files out there under different tabs - of course that will eat up iCloud storage space, but it's a good starting point. It's definitely not Google Drive, Dropbox, etc."
    It's true. I didn't know it was possible. I haven't used the website in forever.
    05-16-2013 12:55 PM