I can not for the life of me figure out how to use the "iCloud" iWork suite. I really like Google Drive and how I can go to any computer to access my documents, files, etc. Does iCloud.com work at all like Google Drive?

Also I can not figure out how to drag and drop files in on icloud.com. I have tried pages, .doc, .txt, .docx and every time it starts uploading then says "There was a problem uploading your document, please try again later". Any suggestions ? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bballbenb; 05-01-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    05-01-2013 02:56 PM
    I don't really understand your first question.
    If you activated iCloud -> Documents and Data iWork documents are automatically synced across your devices.
    If you want to access a cloud storage from within iWork you have to connect via WebDAV e.g. with iDriveSync.
    Direct access to iCloud like in Dropbox or GoogleDrive is not allowed.
    05-01-2013 03:03 PM
    I was under the impression that you can go to icloud.com and drag files in from your computer.

According to apples website:

You can drag and drop these file types to icloud.com/iwork:

Pages '09
    Numbers '09
    Keynote '09
    Microsoft Word (.doc)
    Microsoft Excel (.xls or .xlsx)
    Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt)
    Text (.txt) files
    CSV (.csv) files

iCloud: About the iCloud Web App Plugin for Internet Explorer
    05-01-2013 03:10 PM
    I didn't know that a plugin is offered by Apple.
    But I think a suitable solution would be to use iDriveSync which supports WebDAV and therefore can be used with iWork as well as your PC. iDriveSync for iOS and PC/Mac is free. The main benefit is that iDriveSync is fully encrypted by default for new users.
    Look here for information
    https://www.idrive.com/index.html
    Last edited by Alli; 05-01-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: fixed URL
    05-01-2013 04:24 PM
    I was under the impression that you can go to icloud.com and drag files in from your computer.
    You can. I just did it with both Pages and Word docs...dragged them right into the web browser. Once uploaded to icloud.com/iwork, they're available on the site and your devices that have iCloud documents enabled. Just bear in mind you can't edit on iWork.com...it's simply used as a storage point for files, as of now. My sincere hope is they expand this with a SDK that lets you store many more types of files out there under different tabs - of course that will eat up iCloud storage space, but it's a good starting point. It's definitely not Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
    05-07-2013 02:50 PM
    You can. I just did it with both Pages and Word docs...dragged them right into the web browser. Once uploaded to icloud.com/iwork, they're available on the site and your devices that have iCloud documents enabled. Just bear in mind you can't edit on iWork.com...it's simply used as a storage point for files, as of now. My sincere hope is they expand this with a SDK that lets you store many more types of files out there under different tabs - of course that will eat up iCloud storage space, but it's a good starting point. It's definitely not Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
    Whether the drag and drop files into the browser works depends on the browser unfortunately. I don't think it will work for IE less than version 9 and I'm not even sure about 9.
    05-07-2013 05:54 PM
    Whether the drag and drop files into the browser works depends on the browser unfortunately. I don't think it will work for IE less than version 9 and I'm not even sure about 9.
    It works with IE 9 and above, Safari 5.1.7 and above, Firefox 16 and above, or Chrome 23 and above. I did it using Chrome 26 on Windows 7.

iCloud: System requirements
    05-07-2013 06:53 PM