Can I use iCloud to access Pages documents between a MacBook Pro and my iMac?

Annette Holbrook

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Pages on both devices. I have been working on a brochure in Pages on my desktop but would like to be able to access it when I'm using my laptop. Is this possible?
When I log into my iCloud account and click on iWork then Pages it just keeps taking me to a page that says "Learn More" and "Get Pages". I already have Pages, grrrrr. I have gone into my System Preferences and checked documents on both devices. What am I missing or is this not even possible?
Very frustrating to say the least and even more so because all the Apple writings just go on and on about how easy and seamless this should be, NOT!
Annette

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I logged into my iCloud account via my MacBook and was able to see and download the Pages documents without a problem. Being that you have the Pages app on both devices as well as an iCloud account, you should have the same experience. Try creating a test document via Pages on one device and then save it to iCloud and then attempt to logon to the iCloud website and see if it appears and is available to you to download.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What version of Pages is used on both Macs (Pages menu, followed by About Pages)?
iCloud support has been added in version 4.2 (which is Pages '09 and some updates later). If you have an older version, you're pretty much out of luck. Also, it's possible that it's only supported on OS X Mountain Lion only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annette Holbrook

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. The version of Pages on the laptop was just purchased about a week ago so that should be the latest I hope. I'll check the desktop and see if that is the issue.
Annette

Annette Holbrook

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have 4.3 on both. I see where someone mentioned saving it "to iCloud", but can't find how to do that. You would think it would just give iCloud as an option of where to save it (I really miss my PC on days like today, sigh).
Annette

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have 4.3 on both. I see where someone mentioned saving it "to iCloud", but can't find how to do that. You would think it would just give iCloud as an option of where to save it (I really miss my PC on days like today, sigh).
Annette

After you've created a document and then select to save it, the first option available is to save it to iCloud. See the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2013-04-26 at 9.45.09 AM.png

Annette Holbrook

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I don't have that option in my choices of where to save. I'm pretty sure iCloud is turned on since it seems to work for my calendar. I have gone to system preferences and click on iCloud then checked documents (I didn't see an option to choose Pages so figured that was what I needed to check).
Is there an on switch I'm missing for this, maybe in Pages settings?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro