iCloud hacking possible?

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a co-worker who asked me an iCloud-related question yesterday and I am pretty sure the answer is 'no' but I thought I'd asked here in case anyone has a different answer.

His daughter and her boyfriend both have their own iCloud accounts...then there was some tension/issue/whatever between them and it appears the BF was able to gain access to her email, texts/messages, etc somehow. The daughter changed her iCloud/Apple password, but it seems his ability to get access to her information continues.

I told him the only way he could do that is if he had her iCloud/Apple userid and password, but he is concerned that the BF is 'tech savvy' and may have another way to get at the daughters info.

So....just to confirm, having the account credentials is the only way, right?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, he has her login information. Tell her to change her password again. And this time to something he won't guess, and don't write it into a Note, which gets synced to iCloud, where if he is syncing his own note, he will see...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The daughter in your scenario should not only change the iCloud password - but change her AppleID password as well.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I suggest they change their password again, and pick something long and random.

To do all the damage all the he/she needed to do was to get their hands on a single username and password.

Not only can they have access to information, but they can remote wipe the device as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for that link - I've shared it with my co-worker (and used it to check my account as well!). Thanks to the rest of you for your awesome replies as well. Love this site.

You're very welcome..:D...Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2