using icloud thru web

chevysales

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Windows 7 professional 64 bit.... deleted the icloud panel after trying it as no need for it. don't use icloud with outlook. originally had @me acct with my 4s then with i5 was switched to @icloud.com both are listed on phone. yes i back up to icloud.

My issue is i can send mail and I receive mail like from this web site, etc. I only access it thru the web in IE9 and see and can use all modules in icloud. On phone it allows me to choose @icloud as the default address to send and receive from between that and @me.com. Odd thing is where it shows the 2 of them the icloud will have a check mark on it and be "faded out" while the @me one stays normal (hope I am not too confusing).Not using any aliases.

Issue is I can go to web and send mail but anytime i send an email with an attachment of any type it never shows up at icloud.com email account when viewing from the web or my phone. And I have tried from the 3 other email accounts I have Comcast, Hotmail, and Yahoo.

I have tried switching from @me.com and back again still no deal. The attachments can be small as like 125kb and still I never receive the email and it never bounces.

Any ideas? And there was no difference when I had the windows control panel on my computer this happened before and after I had tried the control panel.

Thanks for any help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Send yourself an attachment from one of your other email accounts to your iCloud account and then check to see if you can view the attachment. Make the attachment a screenshot from your phone (Something simple). If you are able to view the attachment, forward it to yet another email account of yours and then check the sent box of your iCloud mail to see if a copy of the forwarded mail is present. If you don't see it, check the archive folder, just in case.

chevysales

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
First (it's all about the U!!!!!) canes??? small world.

I have tried sending from all accounts. I can send outward from icloud via phone or web no problem to any of my accounts or any of the family phones we have 5 iphones with wife and kids.

Just went through my notes and it appears at times outbound mail sent from iCloud via web browser interface with NO attachments also gets lost. Apples page which shows if they have any issues on iCloud, etc shows good. The confusing thing about it is the mail doesn't bounce...it gets "lost in space" don't know if your old enough to remember that show ;)

It's not life or death on this I was hoping I would come across a simple fix. All settings are correct, I also Googled issue getting lots of hits but nothing I haven't done.

Only came across it as I export me IE9 favorites to a file which i then send like every 2 weeks or so when i change/add/cleanup favs. By doing this I have access to my large amount of links nicely organized in folders that can be accessed where ever I am. Usually at friends house that needs some type of help with computer.

I can live with iCloud not functioning with email at times. I do use that address for most forums, etc and save needed email in the archive folder in iCloud email. I hate software issues and like to work them out kind of like a man over machine thing. as I typed this I cut and pasted it and sent it thru all accounts with no problems had icloud open on a tab in this window and it came immediately then i added my book mark attachment which is 143kb and of course it arrived everywhere but iCloud. It's not links either as I get the iMore newsletter which is full of live links.

Oh well I'll stumble across the fix that I am sure of.

BTW huge win for the men's basketball team and of course also The U well represented at Super Bowl on both sides.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to Miami, you're right. That was a huge win for the program and I'm so proud of them even though I am also a fan of the Duke basketball program. Anyway, in regard to your circumstances, I don't k ow what to tell you. I mean, you should be seeing your sent email & any attachments on both your devices and via the iCloud website. On your device, go to Settings - iCloud - Account - Mail - Advanced - Sent Mailbox and make sure that sent messages are saved in the "Sent" folder "On My iPhone" section and in the "Sent Messages" folder in the "on The Server" section.

chevysales

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
In regard to Miami, you're right. That was a huge win for the program and I'm so proud of them even though I am also a fan of the Duke basketball program. Anyway, in regard to your circumstances, I don't k ow what to tell you. I mean, you should be seeing your sent email & any attachments on both your devices and via the iCloud website. On your device, go to Settings - iCloud - Account - Mail - Advanced - Sent Mailbox and make sure that sent messages are saved in the "Sent" folder "On My iPhone" section and in the "Sent Messages" folder in the "on The Server" section.

yes sir they are.... sent is "on my iphone" and its also checked "on the server".

oh well thats one of 4 web accounts so i can live.. actually just got an email from here showing I made changes.... avatar, ect. thats why the attachment deal is baffling.

Thanks for your input and help much appreciated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner