Two iCloud accounts

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So you have TWO iCloud accounts. Account A is currently tied to tour Apple ID. But how do you assign account B to your Apple ID?

Thanks in advance.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes but when iCloud came about I could have sworn Apple gave the option to connect your iCloud of choice to your Apple ID. Thanks.

Anyone else remember what am talking about? Maybe I'll see if I can speak with Apple about it. I have two iCloud accounts and would hate to lose one...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every alternative email address you create under a specific Apple ID can be used for iCloud. That is how my situation is set up. When you sign in with the specific Apple ID, you *should* be able to select it or an alternate in regard to iCloud, if I remember correctly.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm speaking with Apple now to try to fix this, if it is even possible...

I had Mobile ME that I paid for, for years. One day a few years ago I bought an iPhone and thus was given the option to create an iCloud account. Like an idiot, I did. I should have simply entered my Mobile ME account info.

Hence now, I have 'two' accounts, and trying to 'merge' them to a degree. i.e. one Apple ID account.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Right, I have to stick with two accounts...

My current Apple ID with all my money spent (Gmail) will remain as my main for purchases, etc.
My iCloud account will be my main email account.

A shame I couldn't merge the two per se'.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Will watch to see if you find anything out navi... My screwed up mess came about when Apple transitioned AppleIDs to require it be a full email address. And in the confusion of that, I ended up with a new iCloud account, and my legacy me.com account... I've never found a way to combine the two - so I just set them both up on my iDevices and use them that way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right, I have to stick with two accounts...

My current Apple ID with all my money spent (Gmail) will remain as my main for purchases, etc.
My iCloud account will be my main email account.

A shame I couldn't merge the two per se'.

I've always had a separate Apple ID for "purchases only" because I was sharing it with two of my kids. I then created separate Apple IDs for each of us to be used for iCloud, iMessages & FaceTime.

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Now, I'm wondering if I should simply give up my original Mobile ME ID, and simply stick with the new iCloud ID I created when the whole switch took place...

See, these are the bloody things I think about!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
For the sake of simplicity, I'm sticking with the newest of the two iCloud accounts.

I do like the added notification options with Calendar items. Anyone else?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Now, I'm wondering if I should simply give up my original Mobile ME ID, and simply stick with the new iCloud ID I created when the whole switch took place...

See, these are the bloody things I think about!

No need to "give up" anything... Keep the old one, and only use it amongst friends & family, and use the other as a 'throw away' on websites, forms, etc. - that's how I use my two iCloud accounts... it keeps the 'friends & family' one mostly spam free.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
No need to "give up" anything... Keep the old one, and only use it amongst friends & family, and use the other as a 'throw away' on websites, forms, etc. - that's how I use my two iCloud accounts... it keeps the 'friends & family' one mostly spam free.

Good point...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2