Anyone use an Apple Email Address

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right forum so I apologize in advance. I currently have my @me address and do not use it as a "regular/daily" address. I would like to eventually but wanted to know if anyone out there does? and actually prefer it over gmail, live, yahoo, etc... Any if you do...... what are your reasons?

Thanks!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have an icloud.com email address but online it is S L O W, not worth the hassle. Stick with Gmail, Yahoo etc. especially if in the eventuality you switch devices\OS' in years to come...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My @iCloud account is my "primary" email account and I'm thoroughly satisfied with it. My messages arrive in a very fast manner, my notes, calendar, contacts & reminders sync almost instantly with my i-devices and I have no complaints. I still have my other email accounts and I use each for various things. In my opinion, the @iCloud email account should suffice but like Navi stated, if you're satisfied with Gmail, just keep it and configure your device(s) accordingly.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an icloud.com email address but online it is S L O W, not worth the hassle. Stick with Gmail, Yahoo etc. especially if in the eventuality you switch devices\OS' in years to come...

I agree with it being slow and also switching devices in the future. I do like the email service and the other services mentioned by JustMe'D and I am growing tired of Google's integration of all services into one. Just wanted to know other's thoughts. I have about 30 email addresses through various web services, just never gave Apple's service a decent chance.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just went to test me email account (icloud) and it is not working, all emails TO it fail. But email sent from it are working. Weird...

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
that's odd. maybe it has to do with the @me vs. @icloud conversion?

Anyone know if there is a way to change letters from lowercase to UPPERCASE on an existing @me account. I doubt it, but figured I'd ask.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just went to test me email account (icloud) and it is not working, all emails TO it fail. But email sent from it are working. Weird...

That is odd. Last week, I believe, many people were receiving email from Apple alerting us that we could use either our @me.com or our @icloud.com accounts. I take it you haven't received yours yet. The @icloud account was automatically made available to be used with FaceTime & iMessage, also. Furthermore, I've changed my settings to only send mail from @icloud.com instead of @me.com. Everything is working great.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. Last week, I believe, many people were receiving email from Apple alerting us that we could use either our @me.com or our @icloud.com accounts. I take it you haven't received yours yet. The @icloud account was automatically made available to be used with FaceTime & iMessage, also. Furthermore, I've changed my settings to only send mail from @icloud.com instead of @me.com. Everything is working great.

I use my @me and @icloud basically daily because it merge together. With that said I really love it so far.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I know they are not case sensitive, just wanted to see if apple had a backdoor to allow users to change it for display purposes. Do you know if periods are allowed in creating a new iCloud email? And will they be by passed like gmail?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can edit alternate email addresses to your liking, but my @me is my apple ID and primary email address. Any other thoughts?

No. If it won't allow you to edit your primary without totally re-creating it, then your only other option is to create an alternate which isn't a bad idea. My alternate Apple ID (used for email purposes) is tied to my primary ID. The only information I receive via my primary ID email address is from Apple only. I hope that made sense. ;)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for testing that out Karen.

Justme'D: I have my Live account as an alternate for my ME account, but I can also sign is as my Live account and NOT see my ME account. Is that how it's suppose to be?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Update for the capitalization/changing email: I just created another Apple ID using a period and capitalizing two letters within it, end result, the email address displays in all lower case anyway. I was looking to create one that displays like my gmail address. So now I know it doesn't matter with an Apple email address. Thanks for all the help!!!!! It's greatly appreciated!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Xmatter are you now going to use your @me.com and or @icloud.com email addresses as your primary?

I've been thinking the same thing. I managed to get my Contacts merged into it via export\import. Now I need to get my Calendar items synced, too.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am currently trying to switch all my online items to my ME account. I don't really use the web to view emails anyway, so the sluggish doesn't really bother me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73