Starting to hate Apple.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but I'm beginning to lose faith in Apple. I'm recording a cd entirely on idevices and today garage band crashed and created a corrupted file of my master. Now tonight trying to update my iTunes Match and just keep getting a error 4002. These days Apple products DON'T just work!

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the word of technology. Everything has errors and screws up once in a while. Newer products just do it less and apple does it less than most.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Backups are a part of the digital age but I see where the OP is coming from. Drives me crazy when I try to wifi sync my phone and it either disappears from iTunes or iTunes shuts down when trying to load the apps screen of my phone. The user experience is there but it does seem as though "it just works" isn't as true as it used to be. Now if the alternative is to use a PC I'll stick with my Mac -- I'm not crazy ;)

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Erm it crashed whilst I was saving to make a backup. Luckily I was able to access it on jailbroken iPad and transfer to Mac to save. Trust me i understand backups recording music half of my HDD's are backups.

I've learned my lesson tho, never use iCloud with GarageBand until you have finished the song to be safe.

I might post a few links to my new CD totally recorded on idevices soon.

The iTunes Match issue is persistent tho. It's like Russian roulette if its gonna work. I guess Apple just need their servers finally working properly. Not sure if I will continue my subscription after the first year. The only enticing thing is I have almost 20,000 song on match.

Thanks for the feedback tho

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think Android will have run it's course and no longer be with us by 2016..

Just a random thought. means nothing really,

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it but I'm beginning to lose faith in Apple. I'm recording a cd entirely on idevices and today garage band crashed and created a corrupted file of my master. Now tonight trying to update my iTunes Match and just keep getting a error 4002. These days Apple products DON'T just work!

You're complaining about free software. And software that you would have to buy on another platform....doesn't make sense!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If all you use is Apple software and Apple hardware then you might think these issues only happen to Apple. However as someone in IT I can tell you that the devices of today are not even close to the hardware and software of the 90s when crashing was a way of life. I understand being frustrated but blaming Apple just seems silly because out of millions of users you think your issues represent all of Apple's services and hardware.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW