iCloud Backup (how many days?)

AfroMonk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I backup my Iphone 4s everyday with iCloud. How far back can I go when restoring my Iphone with a backup from icloud.
Can I pick the date or will it only make the last 3 backups available?
( I basically wanna restore my phone to October 6th, the day before I deleted an app).
Thanks

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Afaik, you can only use the last backup. Also, apps aren't usually stored there, they download from the iTunes Store when you restore. They come from purchases. Why store the apps in iCloud, when they're in the store too? It'd be over 2x the space for Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I backup my Iphone 4s everyday with iCloud. How far back can I go when restoring my Iphone with a backup from icloud.
Can I pick the date or will it only make the last 3 backups available?
( I basically wanna restore my phone to October 6th, the day before I deleted an app).
Thanks

CORRECTION: I always thought that you can only restore your most recent backup, however, according to Apple under the How Content Is Restored To A New Device, it states that you should have the option to choose from your last 3 backups. It did not clarify "new device", but one would think it would pertain to devices restored as new. Anyway, as for replacing a deleted app, depending on your backup, it should be there being that it does indeed backup app data, but not the apps. Also, couldn't you just go into the App Store and reinstall the app from your "purchased" items section?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro