Truid to back up my device using iCloud and it says "estimating time left" this message stays for about 3 minutes then it says "the last backup failed to complete" i already backed it up to iTunes but i was wondering what that problem is!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    10-18-2012 11:32 PM
    The problem could be on Apple's end. Try rebooting your device before trying again.
    10-19-2012 08:13 AM
    I have had the same problem in recent times with my iPhone 4s.

It turned out that I was trying to upload too much data (photo's mainly) 'all at once' and it was simply timing out. I went into the iCloud backup settings Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage and simply deselected the largest backup data. It then allowed me to backup everything else. Once that was done I then reselected the larger file and initiated another iCloud backup. It worked that time and has done ever since.

I liken it to the old analogy: Don't eat the elephant at once, take a nibble now and a gain!

Worked for me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-19-2012 08:20 AM
    Yeah... you're likely exceeding your free 5GB liCloud limit. FYI if you keep all your photos in the camera roll rather than offloading them to a computer and syncing them back, that will eat up a lot of data in your backup (camera roll is included in the backup)
    10-19-2012 10:00 AM
    I am having the same issue. My iPhone 5 will not back up on my home Wifi (Comcast Arris Router), but will back up when I am Starbucks or the Apple Store. Two weeks ago Apple Care had me change to a different iCloud ID and the problem went away for two weeks. Now it's back and Apple Care has taken 48 hours (so far) for a 24 response time.

Anyone have any ideas??
    10-19-2012 10:38 AM
    I am having the same issue. My iPhone 5 will not back up on my home Wifi (Comcast Arris Router), but will back up when I am Starbucks or the Apple Store. Two weeks ago Apple Care had me change to a different iCloud ID and the problem went away for two weeks. Now it's back and Apple Care has taken 48 hours (so far) for a 24 response time.

Anyone have any ideas??
    It's your Router..... I would check forums for problems on it. It shouldn't be the phone if it works elsewhere. If it the Dual Wifi/Cable Modem Ive heard had issues.
    10-19-2012 11:02 AM
    Everything I have seen suggests Comcast putting it in bridge mode. It's a new issue that started with iOS 6. Can anyone suggest another work around that does not involve using a separate wireless router with my modem in bridge mode?
    10-19-2012 12:45 PM