Change Apple ID

Martin.R

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I created my Apple ID a few years ago so I was given @me.com.
I have just had @icloud.com added to my ID.
When I sign in to my Apple ID using @icloud my ID and primary email is still @me.com (As displayed in iTunes when I log in).

I would like to change my ID so all I have associated with my ID is @icloud.com and no more @me.com

How can I do this (If possible)?

If I create a fresh ID using @icloud.com how do I get my purchases from my @me.com ID to my new @icloud.com ID, I have purchased apps like the whole iWork suite etc for my apple devices.

Many thanks for any assistance.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm 99% certain you can not transfer your purchases. I don't know if thats changed with the introduction of the iCloud email. I would leave my ID the same and just update the email address associated with it, abc@me.com to abc@icloud.com.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I created my Apple ID a few years ago so I was given @me.com.
I have just had @icloud.com added to my ID.
When I sign in to my Apple ID using @icloud my ID and primary email is still @me.com (As displayed in iTunes when I log in).

I would like to change my ID so all I have associated with my ID is @icloud.com and no more @me.com

How can I do this (If possible)?

If I create a fresh ID using @icloud.com how do I get my purchases from my @me.com ID to my new @icloud.com ID, I have purchased apps like the whole iWork suite etc for my apple devices.

Many thanks for any assistance.

The iCloud.com email is just an alias. If I log on to iTunes with my iCloud.com email it still reverts to my Mac.com address. Same account. There is no transfer necessary.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar situation, I succesfully changed my apple id email(from old hotmail account to newer gmail), it changed perfectly and I logged in to the apple website with no problem, the new email set up right away with facetime and imessage, but in the icloud settings and appstore settings on my phone i still get the old email, how can I "refresh" or make it change? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk