Restoring from iCloud losing connection

realpatmurphy

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Morning,

I recently restored my iPhone and have been attempting to restore all my previous settings through my iPhone through the iCloud option. I have a 10mbs+ wifi connection at home and set my phone to restore the past 2 nights before I go to sleep (with iCloud the restores can take 4+ hours). Every time I have woken up it has said that the restore couldn't complete because it "lost connection" with the internet.

Anyone know a solution? I have a stable connection at home with an airport router, no issues on the internet side. I have found a few other people on the internet having the same issue, but no solution.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

I recently restored my iPhone and have been attempting to restore all my previous settings through my iPhone through the iCloud option. I have a 10mbs+ wifi connection at home and set my phone to restore the past 2 nights before I go to sleep (with iCloud the restores can take 4+ hours). Every time I have woken up it has said that the restore couldn't complete because it "lost connection" with the internet.

Anyone know a solution? I have a stable connection at home with an airport router, no issues on the internet side. I have found a few other people on the internet having the same issue, but no solution.

Thanks

In my experience, restoring from an iCloud backup is fairly quick and painless and thus restoring overnight has never been necessary. Now, so that I don't misunderstand your post, you mentioned that you set your phone to restore the past 2 nights. I am assuming you reset your device and chose the option to restore via iCloud. Is that correct? If so, as long as you have a good amount of battery charge left and a steady Wi-Fi connection, the restore should be fairly quick and painless. Is your router set to disconnect users after a certain time? Also, if you were able to finally get it to restore, please let us know so that we can stop trying to help. ;)

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I recently had issues with it not completing a restore however on my travels for an answer your query came up a few times, some have said not letting the phone drop into sleep mode helps

edwardlybrook

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tried on more than one network. The connection drops immediately after selecting the backup to restore. iPad fully charged and plugged in.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Charter 100 meg internet on Asus router. I have the same issue every now and then. The restore either finally works after a handful of attempts, or I just have to make sure the device doesn't lock.

This is where monthly iTunes backups come in handy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW