I currently have an iPhone 4 and new iPad, and I turned on Photo Stream on both devices in the iCloud settings.

However, new photos that I take with either device are not copying to Photo Stream.

I know iCloud is working - I've verified this by testing with Contacts and Notes.

Is something amiss with Photo Stream or are my expectations on how it works misplaced?

--Chris
    07-02-2012 11:53 AM
    I currently have an iPhone 4 and new iPad, and I turned on Photo Stream on both devices in the iCloud settings.

However, new photos that I take with either device are not copying to Photo Stream.

I know iCloud is working - I've verified this by testing with Contacts and Notes.

Is something amiss with Photo Stream or are my expectations on how it works misplaced?

--Chris
    Make sure you have photostream turned on everywhere... there is a setting under the Photos app (Settings > Photos > Photo Stream > ON)

and in the iCloud settings
    (Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream > ON)

and under the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings
    (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (select email account tied to your iCloud account) > Photo Stream > ON)
    07-02-2012 12:11 PM
    Thanks - all settings as verified in your reply. Still no success.
    --c
    07-02-2012 01:19 PM
    You have wifi turned on?
    07-02-2012 01:50 PM
    Yep - wifi active and connected on both iPhone and iPad.

Here's an additional question, though - if I take a picture while I'm out and using 3G/4G, should that picture be added to the stream when I reconnect to a wifi source?
    07-02-2012 02:15 PM
    Yep - wifi active and connected on both iPhone and iPad.

Here's an additional question, though - if I take a picture while I'm out and using 3G/4G, should that picture be added to the stream when I reconnect to a wifi source?
    Yes that is correct. It should. Maybe sign out of iCloud and then back in. Not sure where your problem is coming from.
    07-02-2012 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD