Ok so Ill try to make this as simple as possible..

I just purchased a new macbook and bought iCloud to sync my music (iTunes Match). My Mac mini had 2 accounts, mine and my parents. So I synced it with my account and only 20 of my 500+ songs were on my MacBook because my account is a new account and most of my songs were purchased under my parents account.

So the question: How can I get both accounts, or at least all the music, Synced up?

Thanks.
    06-08-2012 03:12 PM
    bumpppppppp
    06-09-2012 05:41 PM
    I think match gos per account

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-09-2012 06:58 PM
    I was about to ask this same question. I have a handful of songs that were purchased under a different iTunes account YEARS AGO... That, now, can be part of my iCloud... Frustrating.
    07-02-2012 01:05 AM
    I was about to ask this same question. I have a handful of songs that were purchased under a different iTunes account YEARS AGO... That, now, can be part of my iCloud... Frustrating.
    There IS a way to get songs from multiple iTunes accounts into iTunes Match, but it takes time and patience.

I have many different iTunes accounts, and of course, stupidly, purchased songs under four different accounts when DRM music was still all you could buy. Since a few years ago, I standardized on my .mac account for all things Apple, including iTunes, iCloud, and all said purchases. My iTunes Match account is tied to my .mac account on my iMac, and I've been using my MacBook Air to change Apple IDs every 90 days, look for all purchased music, download it all, add to my iMac's library. You can only associate an Apple ID with a computer every 90 days, so although it will take the better part of a year, eventually I'll get my past purchased music into one library and be done. I simply authorize the iMac with the iTunes account, update iTunes Match to account for the new music, delete the tracks (but NOT from iCloud), then re-download non-DRM 256kbps tracks. Done!
    07-03-2012 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip!
    07-03-2012 11:42 PM
    There IS a way to get songs from multiple iTunes accounts into iTunes Match, but it takes time and patience.

I have many different iTunes accounts, and of course, stupidly, purchased songs under four different accounts when DRM music was still all you could buy. Since a few years ago, I standardized on my .mac account for all things Apple, including iTunes, iCloud, and all said purchases. My iTunes Match account is tied to my .mac account on my iMac, and I've been using my MacBook Air to change Apple IDs every 90 days, look for all purchased music, download it all, add to my iMac's library. You can only associate an Apple ID with a computer every 90 days, so although it will take the better part of a year, eventually I'll get my past purchased music into one library and be done. I simply authorize the iMac with the iTunes account, update iTunes Match to account for the new music, delete the tracks (but NOT from iCloud), then re-download non-DRM 256kbps tracks. Done!
    You've got a lot more patience that I have. It boggles my mind to think that someone would go through the trouble of a nearly year-long process to consolidate the music that they've legally purchased.

If I wanted to keep it 100 percent legal:

First, I'd ask Apple very nicely to help me expedite the 90-day waiting period. They're usually flexible if you bother them enough.

If that didn't work, I'd take a more spiteful - yet still completely legal - approach by "renting" a Mac, associating it with one of the accounts and downloading all of the music on that account to an external drive. Return the Mac to the Apple Store, then immediatly "rent" another. Couple of days and a few back-and-forth trips and you're done. If they ever asked why I was doing this, I'd be completely honest with them. I'd probably get some official help before I had to "rent" more than two Macs.

In reality, though, what I would probably do is just get the music that I purchased by some other means. Like I said eariler, I don't have much patience with nonsense like this.
    07-04-2012 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD