Both of our iPhones and our iPad to use the same iCloud account (same @me apple ID), and all are backed up using iCloud. Is each device being backed up individually? Or are all three devices using the same storage space because they have the same Apple ID?
    05-15-2012 02:27 AM
    They back up individually but share the storage of iCloud.
    05-15-2012 02:42 AM
    Hmm. Thats probably not a good thing. My storage will probably fill up quickly with 3 sets of apps, pics etc....

I wonder if, when I use icloud to restore, icloud will restore the wrong sets of things (apps etc..) to whatever device. I mean, its all going to one place right? So how does the cloud know which stuff to put where?

Clarification?
    05-15-2012 02:50 PM
    Apps don't use icloud space. If you restore, it will give you the option to choose whatever backup to restore. The backups will show device name and the date of the backup. It would only load the wrong stuff if you choose the wrong backup.
    05-15-2012 02:54 PM
    Ah thank you. That makes more sense.
    05-15-2012 08:09 PM
    Apps don't use icloud space. If you restore, it will give you the option to choose whatever backup to restore. The backups will show device name and the date of the backup. It would only load the wrong stuff if you choose the wrong backup.
    Moreover backups capture the UDID of the device so when restoring you'll see a "This iPhone/iPad" label on the appropriate backup.
    05-16-2012 07:36 AM
    Thanks that's good to know.
    05-16-2012 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD