I have a Sony laptop, an iPhone 4 and an iPad2. I am syncing mail, calendar, contacts and photos and everything works fine. My problem is with the me.com mail account. If I delete an me.com email on my iPhone or iPad (too clear out old messages) it disappears from iCloud, but my comcast and gmail accounts don't disappear from those mail servers. Should I not use me.com for email?
    Thanks!
    Melissa
    04-17-2012 10:59 AM
    When you delete an email message, does it not go into your trash folder that can be accessed on all of your devices? It does for me via iCloud with my me.com account. Unless you've deleted them from the "trash" folder, those messages should still be available for viewing. I basically, archive my messages and keep them for 90 days and then I delete them permanently.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 04-17-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    04-17-2012 11:06 AM
    When you delete an email message, does it not go into your trash folder that can be accessed on all of your devices? It does for me via iCloud with my me.com account. Unless you've deleted them from the "trash" folder, those messages should still be available for viewing. I basically, archive my messages and keep them for 90 days and then I delete them permanently.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Oops, of course they are there. I can take them out and put them in the appropriate folder or archive. But you've answered my question - the iCloud Mail page is not a mail server, just an archive. Guess I won't be changing my permanent email to me.com, it'll go to gmail!
    Thanks!
    04-17-2012 11:28 AM
    You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    04-17-2012 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD