iCloud Cluster#uck

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
I still can't quite figure out iCloud. I'll start with my devices:

Two iPhone 4's
One iPad 2
All three devices are updated to the latest version of iOS and on the same iTunes/iCloud account.

Initially when I download an app on the primary iPhone, the app automatically shows up on the iPad but not the secondary iPhone. Whenever the secondary iPhone downloads an app, the apps appear on the other two devices.

Now suddenly the apps no longer automatically downloads on the other devices. I have the automatic downloads "on" in the app store settings on the devices.

I haven't even tried the iCloud photo stream feature. I have no need to backup emails, calendars, etc. I've found iCloud to be frustrating and confusing. I'd appreciate any advice on figuring this all out. Thank you in advance!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Apple engineers are working on fixing a few little bugs with iCloud. For obvious reasons, they have not publicly announced that there's a problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though it may be a pain in the arse, I recommend that you reset your i-devices and set them up as new. icloud works great for me, but Alli is right, it isn't perfect and Apple engineers are working to suppress/correct some things.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
iCloud has been working great on my 4S, but yes iCloud is still a fairly new services so there are going to be bugs and as Alli said I'm sure Apple has their engineers working on the bugs.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I still can't quite figure out iCloud. I'll start with my devices:

Two iPhone 4's
One iPad 2
All three devices are updated to the latest version of iOS and on the same iTunes/iCloud account.

Initially when I download an app on the primary iPhone, the app automatically shows up on the iPad but not the secondary iPhone. Whenever the secondary iPhone downloads an app, the apps appear on the other two devices.

Now suddenly the apps no longer automatically downloads on the other devices. I have the automatic downloads "on" in the app store settings on the devices.

I haven't even tried the iCloud photo stream feature. I have no need to backup emails, calendars, etc. I've found iCloud to be frustrating and confusing. I'd appreciate any advice on figuring this all out. Thank you in advance!
I would check the following:

1) Are you using the same Apple ID on all three devices? You can use the same Apple ID on up to 10 devices at a time, per iCloud account.

2) Have you turned on Automatic Downloads? Under Settings, go to Store, and ensure auto downloads are checked for the types of downloads you want to get (music, apps and books). Also, bear in mind if you don't turn on using cellular data for automatic downloads, and they're not all on active WiFi connections, they won't download to said device.

If you've done both, then you might want to delete and re-add your iCloud account on all three devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods