Contacts hell !!!!!!!!

Dante44bx

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that when I backup my contacts on Icloud, I see double and triple duplicates on my Iphone. I even tried deleteting old backups and starting new. Anybody having the same problems???? Shouldnt the contacts on the Iphone take priority when syncing??:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you syncing to Google too? Don't do that. Make sure all of your iDevices sync to one, and only one place in "the cloud"

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sounds like there may be more than one account being used here. My brother in law had the same issue. I couldn't figure it out until I realized he had another @me address that was not linked to his iCloud account. It was pretty confusing. is your email that you are using linked to iCloud yet?

Etermonk

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can remember I also ended up with duplicates this was after the first time I disassociated my iPhone from the iCloud, synced to my Windows Contacts via iTunes and then turned on iCloud sync again.

I think duplicates might appear if you restore your iPhone via a previously created iOS backup and then set up iCloud sync. The iCloud would bring back contact entries from the last time you synced with the iCloud.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2