How should I go about setting this up?

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I love iCloud and all it's glory I have been the only one with an Apple product but now my fiance and I both have iPhones, Macbooks, and an apple TV. So I am wondering how I should go about setting this all up?

Basically, i'm wondering if there is a way for us to share pictures, music, and notes, however not have the same email?

Like if I take a picture on my iPhone it will show up on hers and vice versa, and if I download a song it'll show up on iTunes, yet if I get an email it's not all backed up to hers and if she downloads a game my phone won't automatically download the same game or change the settings on mine if I do have the same one?
Does this make sense and is it possible?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot do that with iCloud without having the same Apple ID. However, you can do it using a 3rd party app like Dropbox. Still, you will have to share the username and password. If that is not a problem, create a Dropbox account, download and install the Dropbox app or both devices. Afterwards, upload whatever file and/or photo you like to share with each other. Each device will be automatically synced. Note: there are other 3rd party options available. Dropbox is simply one of the more if not the most popular route.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I love iCloud and all it's glory I have been the only one with an Apple product but now my fiance and I both have iPhones, Macbooks, and an apple TV. So I am wondering how I should go about setting this all up?

Basically, i'm wondering if there is a way for us to share pictures, music, and notes, however not have the same email?

Like if I take a picture on my iPhone it will show up on hers and vice versa, and if I download a song it'll show up on iTunes, yet if I get an email it's not all backed up to hers and if she downloads a game my phone won't automatically download the same game or change the settings on mine if I do have the same one?

Does this make sense and is it possible?

What my wife and I do is share an AppleID for the store purchases, but have different iCloud accounts. I can still set up shared reminders lists and calendars between the two iCloud accounts. We also can share purchases by using the same AppleID for iTunes / Store. I turned off the automatic download for the music / movies and just manually manage that so I don't automatically get all of her song purchases on my device. It's worked out well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What my wife and I do is share an AppleID for the store purchases, but have different iCloud accounts ...(snipped)..
That is exactly how I'm set up with my 16 year old daughter and it's working out quite well, however, that is as far as it goes. I figured we could opt to share calendars and notes between our iCloud accounts but I wasn't sure about photos.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2