• Gmail

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • iCloud

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Which one do you prefer? I used to love Gmail, but now that iCloud is out and available I really like iCloud, but there's less space available for your email. What do you think? Which is better?

Currently I have my gmail forwarding all my emails to my iCloud account

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For email gmail hands down. I tried iCloud email web base and it's to slow. So I use email and contacts through gmail exchange and the rest on iCloud. Also if I were to change OS's I can still use my exchange account.

Via Tapatalk

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use both.

Gmail for mail and Google Calendar for the calendar, and iCloud for a mail account I don't use, contacts, reminders, bookmarks, notes, etc.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have both setup with mail, contacts and calendars. Google mail primary, iCloud contacts and calendar primary. Not sure what's the better option though.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Exchange sync to Gmail, Calendar & Contacts.
Google Music & Picasa Web, Google Docs

iCloud - Reminders, Notes, Bookmarks, Photo Stream, Documents, Data

Good Luck

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Exchange sync to Gmail for Mail only.
iCloud - Reminders, Data
Exchange sync for Work Exchange email, contacts.
Keep a synced copy of my contacts on iCloud for home use.

djshackman

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my iPhone I switched to iCloud. It simply works better with the iPhone and my Mac, as I can use the built in Mail.app, rather than needing something like Sparrow to fully take advantage of Gmail's awkward IMAP implementation. Also, Google is a bit scary nowadays (although I'm not paranoid).

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I've always used gmail but decided to use an @me account and actually love it. I use iCloud for my contacts, cal, iWork and now email. I get emails almost instantly (did a test) and when I delete the email off one device it removes from all other.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've always used gmail but decided to use an @me account and actually love it. I use iCloud for my contacts, cal, iWork and now email. I get emails almost instantly (did a test) and when I delete the email off one device it removes from all other.

That's the biggest thing I love about iCloud ... Integration will all devices

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
when I delete the email off one device it removes from all other.

I have not found this to be entirely true. While deleting an email from a iOS device removes it from OS X Mail.app, the opposite is not true. If you delete a email from within OS X Mail.app, it won't instantly delete from iOS devices - it'll in fact not update the mailbox state until you either open the iOS Mail app, or a fetch or push occurs. So you could have your iPhone reporting two unread, but Mail.app reporting zero unread.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73