Email/iCloud Confusion?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have been using my school email address for about 4 years and i just created a new email because i wasn't getting certain emails i needed. well today i went under my icloud account and i had to delete my old email address attached to my icloud account and set it up with the new one so everything transfers. well before deleting my old email address a message popped up on my phone saying "do you want to delete contacts calendars, reminders ect for this phone". I chose yes. well after adding my new email to the icloud account i noticed my phone was a little changed. i was missing certain contacts and when i initially went under text messages all my contacts didnt have name just numbers then finally they slowly came back but not all. i was missing about 3 or 4 contacts and i had to do a restore from last back up to get them back. anyone know maybe why my contacts/pictures when people call got messed up? thanks

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well since you choose to delete contacts off the phone that's why they are missing. You should have do NOT delete off phone. You also should have kept old email account and just add the new one so you both accounts on your phone unless you didn't want the old email account anymore.

Via Tapatalk

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well the old email address didnt matter cuz i forwarded all emails on my old to my new so that is not the problem.

how come when deleted all contacts all came back but two of them? how do you get the icloud to back up to your phone?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
well the old email address didnt matter cuz i forwarded all emails on my old to my new so that is not the problem.

how come when deleted all contacts all came back but two of them? how do you get the icloud to back up to your phone?

You don't back up iCloud to your phone, your phone is supposed to back up to iCloud. You deleted contacts from iCloud so they get deleted every where else you have synced with iCloud. When you added the new email address it should import all the contacts from that email and then populate all your devices with that data. It would seem all but those two contacts were not in your new email address book; that's likely probably why.

You should not consider your phone a storage location for anything. Everything should be backed up to some cloud/web based system or locally on your computer HDD.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well how do i make sure my new email has all these new contacts synced to it then? and how does your phone back up to icloud? how do you get it to do that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner