Well, when I first got my first iPod, YEARS ago, I was a kid, so obviously the information was set through a credit card in my parents name, and my mom's email.

Now, my iMessages and App Store account, etc are under my own email and my own credit card. I updated my iTunes store with my credit card, but the email for that is still under my mom's email... so I can't set up ITunes match or get the iCloud stuff to stream my music from one device to another.

Does anyone know of a way to combine/change my Apple ID to ONLY be my email for everything without me loosing any data or any of my music?

Thanks,
    Sam
    03-08-2012 05:54 PM
    All you should have to do is logout of the App store with the Apple ID that belongs to your parents and then sign in with your own Apple ID. You can also associate several Apple IDs with a primary one. Login to the Apple site via a computer and then go to your account settings and add/modify an Apple ID.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 03-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    03-08-2012 06:04 PM
    I read the response above and still was kind of confused.

My case:

Email 1 = My first Apple ID from another country. It's inactive now. I don't use it anymore.

Email 2 = my current US Apple ID. This has all the iCloud information.

I still want to use the 'Email 2' account with all its information including iCloud but using the email address of 'Email 1.' Is that possible?
    03-08-2012 08:38 PM
    Is there a way to merge the two apple IDs into one?

My mom's email is my Apple ID that has all of my iTunes purchases... but my iCloud stuff and app store stuff, (and iMessage) are all on my other Apple ID... it's really confusing.

I might just ask the genius bar if they can do anything.
    03-09-2012 01:10 AM
    Here is my situation. My daughter and I have have iPhones. I have the 4s and she has a 4.

1. My own Apple ID for iCloud, Facetime, etcetera

2. Her own Apple ID for iCloud, Facetime, etcetera

3. Shared Apple ID for purchases only

You stated that although you've updated the credit card information. The email address associated is still Associated with your mom. All you have to do is go to Settings-Store and then select the Apple ID and then sign out. Afterwards, sign in with your own Apple ID and make sure that your credit card information is associated with it.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 03-09-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    03-09-2012 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD