Stuck restoring from iCloud backup.

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to restore my 4s from a backup I made a few days ago. I am surprised at how long it is taking.

2+ hours to restore the settings
My phone turned on, and all of my apps/pictures still had to be downloaded.

The apps were taking forever, so I deleted them (I'll just redownload them later)
But my camera roll is stuck on photo 69 of 700. Is there any way to fix this?

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Faster Internet. Mine was stuck at one point but over time they will slowly download. 700 pics is a lot to download. You can try restarting your phone (home button and sleep/wake button). That doesn't interrupt the restore. I've restored from the cloud many times. :)

ngag05

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Solution for iCloud Downloading Photos...

Ok... I just had the same issue and after an hour of trying to figure this out... reading threads in forums... and nobody had a reliable solution... I got it...! LOL

Anyway, it's as simple as hooking up your iPhone to your computer and getting into iTunes > go to your iPhone > go to Photos > Put a check in the box for "Sync Photos from". Now make sure you pick your folder that you have previously used for photos. Otherwise, you can do what I did and just said "To heck with it" and created a blank folder with zero pictures in it. Last, just hit "Apply" down at the bottom of iTunes. Voila! Problem solved! No more spinning, no more downloading, no more killing the battery and no more headache!

Essentially, all you're doing is manually RE-SYNCING your photos and overriding the iCloud sync download to your iPhone.

P.S. - If you do as I did with the blank folder with zero photos, your phone's Camera Roll will have 0 photos in it. And if you had seperate Albums that you have created... they will be gone too. So, if you want to make sure to keep all of your photos and albums... MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THOSE FOLDERS THROUGH ITUNES BEFORE YOU HIT "APPLY"!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2