iCloud + MobileMe + iTunes + Match (HELP!!!)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I hope that someone can help me.

I've been using name@domain.com as the email address associated to my iTunes account for many years.

About a year ago, I got a MobileMe (@me.com) account which I used for, MobileMe. It is the account where my email, contacts, calendar, and photos are stored.

Yesterday, I decided to update to iOS 5 and iCloud. The update to iOS 5 went well.

After my phone was back in order, I decided that I wanted to signup for Match as I have over 4000 songs. It asked me for a @me account so naturally, I gave it my MobileMe email address.

Today, when I went to switch from MobileMe to iCloud, I did as instructed and it moved my @me.com account to iCloud.

The problem is that on my iPhone, I have to use my @me/iCloud account in the Settings > iCloud. Because of that Music > iTunes Match tries to use the same @me.com account but my apps and Match are associated with my original name@domain.com iTunes account.

How do I access Match on my iPhone and get this in working order?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
You can put in a different account address for use with iTunes and the App store (and iMatch).

I just typed in a new address. You should be able to change it at any point.

Chris

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
You can put in a different account address for use with iTunes and the App store (and iMatch).

I just typed in a new address. You should be able to change it at any point.

Chris

I'll give that a try and see what I can do. It sounds like I need to upload my music account again and get a new iMatch. Is that correct?

Does anyone else have other suggestions? All suggestions are appreciated as I may not get this right on the first try.

Thanks.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I'll give that a try and see what I can do. It sounds like I need to upload my music account again and get a new iMatch. Is that correct?

Does anyone else have other suggestions? All suggestions are appreciated as I may not get this right on the first try.

Thanks.

If you music is already uploaded and associated with the name@domain account, you don't need to upload it again. However, it sounds like the music match (and uploaded music) is associated with the @me account. If so, I think you are stuck - the music is with @me, but the apps are with name@domain. In that case you WILL have to re-upload the music, AND pay for the match service again, since it is not with the correct account.

In the settings, for app store, you should be able to simply type in the name@domain account (and password) and it will use that account for purchasing apps and matching your music. If it is associated with that account, you should then be able to download any music you want.

If it is associated with @me, then when you switch accounts, there won't be any music there to download from the cloud.

Chris

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Chris:

The problem I have is that my purchases are associated with my @domain.com account.

In iTunes, I signed out of my @domain.com account and signed into my iCloud/@me.com account and started the iMatch setup. I then received the following message.

"This computer is already associated with an Apple ID. If you subscribe to iTunes Match with your Apple ID, you cannot use iTunes Match, auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days." I then have the option to Transfer or Cancel.

I don't care about paying an extra $25. I just want to get it setup the right way and I'm not certain that transferring will be the long-run solution.

Thoughts?

Thanks again

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, I think I may have found a solution that worked for me. It is oulined here for those that may come across this.

iCloud and Apple IDs – Quick Fix

I ended up hitting 'Transfer' and hope to not run into any issues later.

iCloud is working as it should with Mail + Calendar
iMatch is working using the original iMatch account I created
iTunes is working and is associated with the iMatch/App account I have been using for a long time.

It still requires that I have the @domain and @me account but from here, I can manage.

Thanks Christ for your help.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Another quick update. It's been 48-hours since I've made the change mentioned above and did the same thing on the iPad. All appears to be working well as it should. I now have an iTunes and iCloud account on the phone working as they should.