I have a 16g IPhone 4s and 32g IPad 2 with different iCloud passwords because of the difference in storage capacity. I have a single iTunes password. I'm slowly reducing the data stored on my IPad 2 so I can eventually use a single iCloud password to help with the syncing. My question is how do I change my iCloud password on my 4s?
    01-08-2012 12:11 PM
    Storage capacity has nothing to do with your password. If they have different passwords, it's because you set it up that way.
    01-08-2012 12:47 PM
    And they prob are different iCloud accounts if they have diff passwords so u have to delete one and log on on that device with the info that is used on the other

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-08-2012 01:55 PM
    In fact, I did set up two iCloud accounts and passwords because I didn't have room on my iPhone to sync with everything on my iPad. I have a single iTunes password for my computer and both of my iPhones. That way if I download an album or game, it loads on my computer, iPad and both iPhones. My wife also has a separate iCloud password because she doesn't need the same apps that I use.

I'm quickly learning the downside of doing this because it makes it more difficult to sync the devices. So I'm going to slowly but surely delete data I did not purchase off of my iPad and eventually get to a position where I only have one iCloud password so everything syncs with everything. I figured I would have no choice but than to cancel two iCloud accounts and retain a single account, but was hoping there was another way. That's going to be a pain.......

Thanks again.
    01-08-2012 05:03 PM
    iTunes password and iCloud can be diff iCloud does not sync apps that just backups app data mail calendar and contacts does not sync actual apps that is iTunes .. You can have the same iTunes account on all your devices and separate iCloud account on say you and your wife so your data / calendar and contacts are separate but If say you buy a app and she wants it later on she can download it without paying again. If apps are downloading automatically to her phone go to settings store then you can turn off automatic download

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-08-2012 07:57 PM
    In fact, I did set up two iCloud accounts and passwords because I didn't have room on my iPhone to sync with everything on my iPad. I have a single iTunes password for my computer and both of my iPhones. That way if I download an album or game, it loads on my computer, iPad and both iPhones. My wife also has a separate iCloud password because she doesn't need the same apps that I use.

I'm quickly learning the downside of doing this because it makes it more difficult to sync the devices. So I'm going to slowly but surely delete data I did not purchase off of my iPad and eventually get to a position where I only have one iCloud password so everything syncs with everything. I figured I would have no choice but than to cancel two iCloud accounts and retain a single account, but was hoping there was another way. That's going to be a pain.......

Thanks again.
    And it wouldn't have done a full sync of everything, anyway. It will not sync iPad specific stuff, you can control the music, books and etc.

I added the 4S after having my iPad 2 for several months, however, there was only one iPhone app on my iPad and that's all that synced to my iPhone.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    01-08-2012 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD